Skip to content

Jester

I've been thinking of going through bgee and actually completing it for once and this time I want to go as a bard. I've played as a blade before for a little bit and I remember it being really fun, so I thought I would do that this time, but the jester looks interesting as well. I also plan on exporting into bg2ee, im curious as to whether the jester will be entertaining enough to keep me interested throughout the whole saga or will the blade be a better choice. I don't really want to be sitting in the back playing a song the whole time and occasionally popping in for a quick ranged attack. I also don't care about which one is the better class as im not a fan of power gaming, I just want to know which one is more fun?

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    If you're going Jester then you really want Rogue Rebalancing. Without it the Jester's song will be replaced (I think around level 18) with the default Bard song. They just became a normal bard then.

RR also adds some awesome abilities for Jesters like Fool's Luck (+ 1 bonus to Jester's armour class and saves) and Chaotic Mind (immune to confusion spells).

I've found Jesters a lot of fun to play with. They make for some great RP, a buffoonish clown who is underestimated by friends and enemies alike. You never really know what they're thinking nor their reasons for doing certain things. Was stealing that nobleman's trousers just a random act of a fool or was there a deeper purpose there.
  • skaterfezzskaterfezz Member Posts: 43
    Does rogue rebalancing work with Bgee and bg2ee I've downloaded it but it won't install so I was going to use song and silence instead, would that make up for not having RR?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @skaterfezz‌

RR works with EEs just fine - http://www.shsforums.net/files/category/62-rogue-rebalancing/. There you can even find a beta version for IWDEE (the links are not broken, contrary to what the site tells, I've checked just now)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    demented said:

If you're going Jester then you really want Rogue Rebalancing. Without it the Jester's song will be replaced (I think around level 18) with the default Bard song. They just became a normal bard then.

Maybe you mean the Enhanced Bard Song HLA? That would be level 24 (at the earliest).
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    elminster said:

demented said:

Maybe you mean the Enhanced Bard Song HLA? That would be level 24 (at the earliest).
    If your not a modder, just don't ever pick that particular HLA. That what I did.
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    elminster said:

demented said:

That's the one - I thought it was earlier. At level 24 it's not such a big deal, but it's still worth getting RR.
  • skaterfezzskaterfezz Member Posts: 43
    I managed to install It i was just forgot to put it in the bg folder. I went with jester and enjoying it so far with the changes In rr but I feel like the changes to his song made it worse, at least until you get to level 9 and get the new song.