Skip to content

Durlag's Tower - Was the DemonKnight a Good Creature?

I've just completed Durlag's Tower, and for me is one of the best side quest ever; playthrough, areas, puzzles and all.
But the main point here is: Was the DemonKnight(DeathKnight by file so don't disscus on this) a Good Lawful Creature before being the DemonicKnight?... i was wondering because after killing him he drops the Helm of Opposite Alignment. SO after reading the description... it seems that the DemonKnight was someone Good BEFORE and then he acquired the Helm..

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Don't think so as he would already have been a demon(and therefore evil) before he acquired the helm, he probably doesn't actually wear the helmet and just keeps it in his handbag.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Yeah, the helmet probably don't fit him anyway. He was just wearing the helmet as his belt buckle and/or codpiece.
  • DrakoDrizztDrakoDrizzt Member Posts: 5
    It might be the case, but it might be that he was a Paladin and become a Black Guard because of the Helm and then some kind of Demonic personification, since the Black Guard(opposite of paladin) has relationships with Demons and Devils.
    Hehe i though it would be a good discussion, so i post my concern about it, thanks for taking the time to answer guys :)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Huh. Interesting idea. Technically he would already have been evil(demon knights are like that) but this Is a way better story.
  • DrakoDrizztDrakoDrizzt Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2014
    Thanks Meagloth, the Helm description says in one sentence:

"Should the legions of evil ever force one onto the head of a benevolent solar, the multiverse, as we know it, will surely meet an abrupt and painful end"

.. so even if it is a Demon type, the Helm can turn him into... an Angel?... so, it doesn't matter if it was the King of Nine Hells, this helm can turn ANY person, creature, god into the opposite aligment.