Skip to content

Missing Items from previous versions? Beam Dog download

So I've noticed a few things that have been off with this new installation of BG2EE. I first noticed in DLTCEP that the description images i.e. CCLCK15.... isn't listed in the BAM browser. Also, the ring of free action is also missing. What happened? These things weren't an issue when I installed the game only a few months before now. Pretty sure i'm rynnign V1.2.2030, but im not sure how to find out exactly.

Comments

• CirdanCirdan Member Posts: 21
    Im pretty sure there are other things that are missing that I haven't found yet.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited November 2014
    Cirdan said:

So I've noticed a few things that have been off with this new installation of BG2EE. I first noticed in DLTCEP that the description images i.e. CCLCK15.... isn't listed in the BAM browser. Also, the ring of free action is also missing. What happened? These things weren't an issue when I installed the game only a few months before now. Pretty sure i'm rynnign V1.2.2030, but im not sure how to find out exactly.

BG2EE uses new .bmp format images for item descriptions. There is a CCLCK15.bmp instead.

The ring of free action (RING09) is still there. Its name isn't "Ring of Free Action". It's "Edventar's Gift".
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    CrevsDaakhook71
    ok, but in DLTCEP it only looks for BAM files. so I just have to find the one i want in the .bmp browser and type the file name into the field manually?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited November 2014
    Cirdan said:

ok, but in DLTCEP it only looks for BAM files. so I just have to find the one i want in the .bmp browser and type the file name into the field manually?

Maybe. I don't use DLTCEP. I'm on a Mac, so I use Near Infinity (doesn't need Wine). NI shows both .bam and .bmp files in the selector for item description images.
    ok, thanks