Skip to content

Evil Chars & High Rep??

So I just found this gem of a game a few weeks back and I'm really enjoying playing.

I just finished flooding the mines, looting everything and everybody and as soon as I get out both Kagain and Edwin bolt from my party. I happened to reload the game and grab the items off of them I wanted but didn't know why they were leaving...after doing the research I see that my rep got too high and they didn't like it.

Both of those guys were rocking and I hated seeing them go, especially when I busted my hump getting them to 5th level.
QUESTION(s):
Is there any way for me to get both of these guys back before I sell off all their junk that's weighing me down?
If so, where can I find them?

Cheers

Comments

• CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    I'm fairly certain they are gone for good, but it has been a while since this has happened to me so it's a little fuzzy. I'd check back where you picked them up originally, if they aren't there I'm thinking they're history
  • TsunadesSTRTsunadesSTR Member Posts: 12
    As far as i remember that they are indeed gone for good. except if you excell party members out, some will anounce to wait for you.
    You can check up your rep, i believe 17 or 18+ was the magical line. Not sure if this is also different for every character.

Let me know!

Tsunades
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    You can't get them back. If you want to keep them, first download the file below, unzip it and add the HAPPY.2DA file to your override directory. Then, load a save game from before they left.

https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/FileUpload/3c/150f6299825bafae554b510d4cdbd3.zip

• Hot_MessHot_Mess Member Posts: 17
    Well that seriously sucks. Those guys were stacked and Edwin was just starting to enjoy his fireballs.
    I'll have to do a better job at being a little bit "badder".
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Hot_Mess said:

I'll have to do a better job at being a little bit "badder".

Or just stick with good party members. Dynaheir is a fairly decent caster as well, though you'll need to have Minsc tagging along as well with her in your party. Xan doesn't care either way, but the guy is such a downer.

• dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Yeah, like having the 6'6" totally obedient, totally fearless, super strong, always happy, slightly cracked super ranger along in your Good party is a burden. Actually - no - he mostly CARRIES the burdens.

Minsc rocks.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Load your game and turn off party AI. I think they stick around if it's turned off, then you can drop your reputation back down to 10 or so, then turn party AI back on.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

Minsc rocks.

Well I would definitely agree with you, but some people wouldn't. Personally I just can't see playing either of these games without Minsc in my party.

Load your game and turn off party AI. I think they stick around if it's turned off, then you can drop your reputation back down to 10 or so, then turn party AI back on.

Turning off the AI will have absolutely no effect on that sort of thing. Reputation effects are not stored in the AI scripts.