Skip to content

Trapped in tablet cutscenes because of pause

Steps to reproduce, on tablet, touch the pause button a moment before a cut scene begins (especially annoying when they happen when you kill the boss of the game).

This has been happening to me a lot. It happens when an NPC nitiates a cut scene dialogue or when an important character is defeated and a cut scene begins.

Since the tablet has no keyboard to unpause and the UI is hidden by the cut scene, you are left paused on a screen with no way out other than exiting the app and shutting it down from the OS.

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37468/unable-to-unpause-during-cutscenes-on-ios

Not the first bug report on this. :)

@Gate70: Probably close this and use the one identified above or since this is more generic, maybe keep this one open and close the other.

@boxman: Do you have a saved game at a location where you can do this consistently? As I note in the thread above, it's been a problem in multiple places and reported several times for more than just cutscenes (zone out is another one of those times...anyplace where the "pause/unpause" interface button goes away can be problematic to this issue).

Again it's been a problem to consistently reproduce since the timing really does have to be perfect...though it sounds like maybe it doesn't have to be SO perfect.

Can you make this happen in BG or BG2? Do you happen to have a save just before a cutscene (and instructions) you can upload to try to make this happen?
  • boxmanboxman Member Posts: 19
    I have the problem with cut scenes during fighting, such as the final boss battle. And it is fairly easy to reproduce before the fights begin if there is a cut scene setting the battle up. An example is the final save after going through the portal. As soon as the area loads pause the game before the cut scene begins. It really doesn't have to be that precise either because there is a good, full second before the cut scene starts.
  • boxmanboxman Member Posts: 19
    Another location that I have had problems is the dungeon level in Dragon's Eye where you repeatedly talk to the ghoul. It's the level with the blast skeletons and that has Presio at the end. Every time that ghoul initiates dialogue it begins a cut scene.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Do you happen to have a saved game that you can post for either one of those? That's probably the only thing needed to being able to get this tagged and into the list of known issues.