Skip to content

IWD2 is unlikely to be enhanced

IanTheWizardIanTheWizard Member Posts: 3
For those who haven't knew, there is an old news said "IWD2EE" is unlikely to happen. Although it didn't say definitely not, don't hold your breath for that.
http://www.pcgamer.com/nightmares-abound-for-icewind-dale-ii-enhanced-edition-beamdog-boss-says/

I was thinking that IWD2 surely would be enhanced, too, and probably would migrate to 3.5e, which I personally prefer over 3e, until I saw the old news.

Comments

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    @IanTheWizard‌ I remember reading that. It stinks to hear, but ultimately I understand the reasoning.
  • IanTheWizardIanTheWizard Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2014
    @bengoshi Thanks for the info. I had just suggested them to also consider using 3.5e rules.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    edited December 2014
    I agree that a minimalistic approach to enhancing IWD2 would be the best way to go, and I'm hoping that they do so. I have the GOG version, but it would be nice if the UI fit widescreen monitors, if the UI was improved and if we could zoom in and out on the action.
  • The only thing I hope they enhance is the reason behind why there's a sword with your name on it :|
  • OudynOudyn Member Posts: 74
    IWD2? I'd personally want to see a Blackguard/Paladin of Tyranny/Slaughter option. That'd be worth it IMO. And removal of multiclass penalties! Those. Things. SUCK.