Skip to content

BP2 - Game Crash on 3rd fight

DrewUKDrewUK Member Posts: 7
Hey, I'm having some trouble with progressing through the Black Pits. Whenever I get to the third fight the game crashes either at the start of the fight or when I try to view the enemies in their pit.
Have tried loading up with a different party but the game still crashes.

I'm using quite a few mods (scs / RR etc). Not sure if that could be the problem.

I get the following report stating that Baldur's Gate 2 EE Quit Unexpectedly. I've a file with the report. Can anyone help? Or do I need to upload more information?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @DrewUK‌
    Might be graphics related. Have you got the latest drivers for your video card?

In terms of mods, does your override folder have any ohbliz*.cre files, battle 3 is lizard men.
    Thanks
  • DrewUKDrewUK Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the speedy reply :)
    I'm pretty sure everything is updated on the mac...
    There is a file in the override folder called OHBLIZ03.CRE - could there be a problem with this as the game also crashes when I go to look at the lizard men in the viewing pit...?

I just tried deleting the CRE file and the game still crashes when I go to view the lizard men. Deleting the file and trying to load is as far as my computer skills go unfortunately. Any more help much appreciated.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    As you've loaded the area @DrewUK‌ the lizards will have spawned. You'd need to delete/rename the file and either start again or load a save before battle 2 has been fought.

You might get away with doing the battle after deleting as that area will be generated on the fly. The lizards in the pit should then be replaced with the next adversaries.
    Thanks
  • DrewUKDrewUK Member Posts: 7
    I'm sorry to report that I've deleted the file and loaded a save from the start but the game still crashes. I'll try to restore the game later and reinstall some mods and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for your help
  • dashteacupdashteacup Member Posts: 52
    This sounds like the problem I've been having with the Improved Abazigal component of SCS. My game crashed in a similar manner. I began investigating the source of that problem here: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26792&p=230039. Short answer: Improved Abazigal changes lizard men animations in a way crashes Macs on BG2EE. I suspect that if you omit the Improved Abazigal component from your mod installation, your game will no longer crash.

I attached a crash report if you want to compare it with yours.