Skip to content

Multiplaying BG using NPCs

Is it possible for a couple of friends playing BG/BG2 using the user created main character (CHARNAME) and the various NPCs of the story (Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, etc.)? I mean, without creating an entire team, just letting other players use the NPCs you will encounter on your adventures.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Yes, you can use the user created main character as a host, and clients can use NPCs.

I think you should start a multiplayer run yourself, wait till Imoen joins you, save. Then load that multiplayer save, have your friend join the session and then on the Character arbitration screen assign so that your friend controls Imoen. When you meet Jaheira and she joins your party, you should make the same. Save. Load that multiplayer save, have your friend and another friend join the session and then on the Character arbitration screen assign so that your first friend controls Imoen and your second friend controls Jaheira.
  • Darigaaz87Darigaaz87 Member Posts: 135
    Thank you very much :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    bengoshi said:

I think you should start a multiplayer run yourself, wait till Imoen joins you, save. Then load that multiplayer save, have your friend join the session and then on the Character arbitration screen assign so that your friend controls Imoen. When you meet Jaheira and she joins your party, you should make the same. Save. Load that multiplayer save, have your friend and another friend join the session and then on the Character arbitration screen assign so that your first friend controls Imoen and your second friend controls Jaheira.

Actually you can modify the Characters and how they are assigned in a running MP game so there's no need to switching to SP/kicking the other player.