Skip to content

"Magic weapon in use" when trying to equip weapons

My Druid cast a "Star Metal Cudgel" spell and now can't equip any weapons as it says "Magic Weapon in use".

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @redmage123‌

I assume "Star Metal Cudgel" is the name of the item created and not the name of the spell (since I don't recognize it...though I guess I could be wrong). What was the name / level of the spell cast to create this item?

Have you tried "resting" to remove any magical effects?

Did you allow the spell to expire on it's own or did you remove the cudgel from the slot before the spell expired (or is the spell still going?)
  • redmage123redmage123 Member Posts: 25
    Star Metal Cudgel is a fourth level druid spell. The spell does, apparently, expire, but I still can't equip any weapons for my druid. I.e. the weapon restriction doesn't expire when the spell does. I've tried resting, but no luck.

--redmage123
  • boxmanboxman Member Posts: 19
    you might could try having a character cast dispel magic on your druid. It *might* work. I had a similar thing happen when a spell that applies blindness was applied to my druid. It never expired and I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to be permanent. I used dispel magic and it removed the effect.
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 307
    Dispel Magic will clear it. I've had the exact same happen with a fighter/druid casting Star Metal Cudgel, but it's not easily reproducible (doesn't always happen). When it does happen, however, that character is stuck being unable to equip any other weapon until you dispel the lingering effect.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @redmage123,

What platform are you using (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android)? Did you save and reload after casting the spell initially? Are you using any mods?
  • MurmandimusMurmandimus Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2016
    I had a similar problem with the spell Shillelag (lvl 1 magical club). My solution was to recast the same spell and wait till the end of the duration, thus overriding the previous spell effect. After that I could equip my weapons again.