Skip to content

Help needed! Does Neera cause Jaheira's romance script to stop?

Hi

Its been about 1-1.5 hours of playing, and my Jaheira romance hasnt progressed yet. I have completed Lavok's sphere, Neera's quests (and all the cats!), and Rashad's quests as well... Yet, no progress.

I've been playing Baldurs gate for a really long time now, and successfully romanced Jaheira twice... And I'm saying that only to stress the point that I know to rest outside, do the harper's (montaron) quests, fight Galvery... And even double check my dialogue choices against the romance guides found on sorcerer's net. Ive done everything the same as my last game where i successfully completed the romance, yet, in this play-through, I'm not progressing.
The only difference I can think of, is that I picked up Neera, and I had about 1 or 2 dialogues with her. If I recall correctly, Neera is also a raomance candidate (that correct? i never tried...). So I am wondering if the Neera scripts could interfere with Jaheira... Or any active romance.

Thoughts? Or any advice for me?
I am on ipad, so i cant use CLUA. (Developers: give me my mobile CLUA !!!!!!!! i'll even pay IAP for it if I have to!!!!!!)

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited December 2014
    if you do have conversations with anyone else it's generally best to be harsh with them to make sure jaheira won't get jealous.
  • MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    My guess is:
    If you're too nice to Neera, you'll start her romance and stop jaheira's.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Check your save game with eekeeper to see what JaheiraRomanceActive global is. It will tell you if your flirting with Neera has killed off her romance.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The Enhanced Edition romances shouldn't interfere with any other romance without a clear conversation where you decide between them.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    What was your last romance talk? The subsequent romance talk may need to be in wilderness, city, rest in a forest, or inn, etc. Some Jaheira love talks are tricky like that.