Skip to content

TOB - Final Battle- is there not meant to be powers?

Its been years since I played Throne of Bhaal.
But I seem to remember on the PC / Disc version of the game, each one of the pools that you stop the bad guy/girl getting infuses the Protagonist with godly power?

I just tried the final battle just now - no powerups?
I distinctly remember the original TOB game giving the BhaalSpawn a teleport power at least - allowing teleport at will etc

Am I imagining this?
Did this get cut from EE?

Comments

• ScourgeScourge Member Posts: 97
    Those powers are from the mod Ascension.

And that mod is still not available for Baldur's gate 2: EE.

• BaaleosBaaleos Member Posts: 14
    Strange - I dont remember ever downloading ascension - did it defo give you a teleport power and other powers each time you drained a pool?
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Baaleos said:

Strange - I dont remember ever downloading ascension - did it defo give you a teleport power and other powers each time you drained a pool?

Yep, one of them is the ability to resist time stop if i recall. Also with ascension you would have had a fight with Irenicus and the final five would have been included in the final battle.
  • BaaleosBaaleos Member Posts: 14
    I remember the fight with Jon and Bhodi - I guess I assumed that was part of the base game.
    Oh well
    I guess chances of getting that on iPad version are slim.
    I also liked the script change that was available for BG2 - SOA : That let you play after the ending - alas cant really play after you become a god - or can you - and I guess the question would be - where would you go?

Is it possible to go back to SOA areas from TOB?
    It would be nifty if we could actually go from SOA to TOB and back again etc
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    sorry, the only area that is in both is watcher's keep.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You can have scs mod on Ipad, without a jailbreak. However ascension heavily edits dialog.tlk file which is inaccesible on Ipad without a jailbreak, so no Ascension on Ipad. Scs works wonders, though, and makes the game very challenging.
  • MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    lunar said:

You can have scs mod on Ipad, without a jailbreak. However ascension heavily edits dialog.tlk file which is inaccesible on Ipad without a jailbreak, so no Ascension on Ipad. Scs works wonders, though, and makes the game very challenging.

I'm gonna have a 9 hour flight, how to install scs on ipad without a jailbreak?