Skip to content

XP?

Guys, why is the XP split uneven in IWDEE?

Comments

• ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Could you be more precise? What do you mean exactly?
    A numerical example will definitely help us see the issue and explain it.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    I believe that characters who are incapacitated at the end of the battle don't get XP either, as in being under the influence of a Hold Person spell etc.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @Belanos: I haven't noticed that to be true, with the notable exception of Otiluke's Resilient Sphere. Which doesn't mean it isn't, but I do think I'd probably have noticed it. Probably.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    I could very well be wrong about that, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that this is the case.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    Belanos said:

I could very well be wrong about that, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that this is the case.

I don't THINK that's true. I admit I haven't payed really close attention.

Maybe its just VERY incapacitated characters like Maze? Or Petrified? That I would expect. But not Held or Slept or charmed.
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    atcDave said:

Belanos said:

I don't THINK that's true. I admit I haven't payed really close attention.

Maybe its just VERY incapacitated characters like Maze? Or Petrified? That I would expect. But not Held or Slept or charmed.
    No, it's true. I noticed it too. Also if a character dies he/she gets no experience. When you raise him is going to be some xp short. Noticed it in my EE run when a character died in Orc caves of Easthaven.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    Yeah I said up top the dead don't get xp. But Held or Slept? That doesn't seem to be true to me. I would think I would have noticed bigger disparity in experience totals by now if that were the case. I often have to wait for someone to come out from a hold or confusion or something after a combat, and I've never noticed those characters to be falling behind in experience.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    Petrified characters don't get XP since a petrified character gets kicked out of the party.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    dib said:

Petrified characters don't get XP since a petrified character gets kicked out of the party.

Wonder why stoned people don't usually get thrown out of the party in RL??

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Wanderon said:

dib said:

Because they're usually relaxed and in a good mood?
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Wanderon said:

dib said:

Because we're all stoned too.