Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Life and Times of a Bhaalspawn: Verse 2: Chapter 2: Electric Boogaloo

OnestepOnestep Member Posts: 225
Read Life and Times of a Bhaalspawn to gain an appreciation for what's going on here. Or don't. Suffice it to say, Billy took Viconia's epilogue hard.

Narrator: Hey there, Billy! Why the glum face?

Billy: I am death given form. All I touch turns to ash in my grasp. Those I love, perish. My love, Viconia, is gone, and I am torn between throwing myself into dark feelings of revenge, and casting that vengeance aside to give my son a better, more peaceful life

Narrator: Wow, Billy! That sounds super interesting! But you know what else is interesting? Dual Classing!

Billy: Leave me to grieve for my departed wife.

Narrator: First of all, let's talk about all the Dual Classing options. You have Fighter > Mage, Cleric > Mage and Thief > Mage!

Billy:... What about the other options?

Narrator: Don't be silly, Billy! Nobody dual classes to anything but a Mage!

Billy: What about dual classing from a mage to something else?

Narrator: AHAHAHAHAHAHA Christ, Billy, are you serious?

Billy: Cleric's are good. Viconia was a Cleric. I loved how she would smile slightly when healing someone, if only out of satisfaction gained from her own talents as a Cleric.

Narrator: Let's be serious, Billy! First off, let's talk about Fighter > Mages! Like you, Billy!

Billy:...

Narrator: I need you to show some enthusiasm, Billy.

Billy: Neato.

Narrator: That's the spirit! So, Fighter > Mages are used for several reasons! First, to gain higher HP! Second, to actually be able to use weapons as a viable alternative to magic! Thirdly, to gain access to Fighter gear as a Mage!

Billy: Coolio.

Narrator: There are several kits to be used as a Fighter > Mage. Which do you think is best, Billy?

Billy: The one which would give me the power to save my wife.

Narrator: You have to pick one, Silly Billy! But the real answer is: Berserker! Did that surprise you? I bet you thought it was going to be Kensei! I know how you love being a Kensei > Mage!

Billy: No. Once I saw my wife waste away in front of my eyes, I realized my own powerlessness. All my training as a Kensei. All the lessons of magic that Gorian imparted to me in my youth, that I only began to capitalize and use after Irenicus had tortured me, mastering the arcane as a Mage... None of it could save Viconia. I know well my own flaws.

Narrator: I love how you wove your backstory and reasons for dual classing in there, Billy! But yes, Berserker > Mages are the best Fighter > Mage dual class, due to the immunities inherent in the Berserker's Rage ability. The negligible bonuses from Kensei simply aren't as valuable as that, and Wizard Slayer > Mage is just plain horrifying to even imagine. A plain Fighter > Mage dual class is certainly solid, but lacks the advantages of Kensei/Berserkers.

Narrator: Now, Cleric > Mages are a whole different kettle of- Billy, why are you trying to sneak away? You aren't a Thief > Mage, Billy! And why would you want to be, considering the game is overloaded with them anyway! I mean, wow, there's two of them and a Thief/Illusionist multiclass in-game. But I can see you're tired, so maybe we should talk about a bad dual class to cheer you up!

Billy: I need to sleep on whether or not to launch a vengeful crusade against the drow.

Narrator: Oh, you absolutely do that.

Billy: W-what?

Narrator: What, didn't you finish reading the epilogue?

Billy: No, my tears blurred the screen.

Narrator: Didn't I tell you before? Viconia's epilogue is pretty harsh.

Billy: Hypothetically, what would have happened if I'd gone with Aerie or Jaheira instead?

Narrator: You'd have lived happily ever after, heck, Aerie would have even met her parents again!

Billy: Then... why only Viconia...

Narrator: I don't know, Billy. But you know what I do know?

Billy: What? What do you know? Is it about Viconia? Is she at peace in the afterlife?

Narrator: I know all about Dual Classing! So let's talk about Thief > Fighters now! Yaaay!

EmpyrialwubbleJuliusBorisovbaldurskjdkcwiselolienlunarBelgarathMTHCrevsDaak

Comments