Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Packmule Mcbobins OR what to do with a pally shaped grp slot

ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
yes its the best i have to say about mine.....he carries stuff well.

Other main use is in this thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37356/guard#latest

I use him to block off mobs, from the caster classes. Which requires an ac of -8 or lower.

I did have his ac down to -11 at one point but i shuffled stuffs some about. I had my pally as main tank in the undead isle, but since then he got relegated to a support role. I dont think any of the bullets are as good.

He just doesnt shine, at much to be a lead char in the party.

I did find one thing he did well.....was throw darts of stunning. He was CC for a while. Cant recall where i got those from, and didnt have many. SO this was brief phase of utility!

SO the poor old chap is back to being a donkey.

There is a good halberd in IWd, no idea where its from. Might be something to play with. Overall though there is no stand out pally weapon i can see......I gave 3 white doves to the ranger/cleric......wpu;d be one option though i guess.

Underwhelming choice of 2handers so far, did i miss an ubber one?

JuliusBorisovkcwise

Comments

• kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    Well there are pretty good halbers in game and did you miss a Pale Justice?

JuliusBorisovkcwise
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,058
    Which kit?
    Which proficienes?
    What weapon style?

Dual wielding axe mainhand and bastard sword of action offhand is a great way to shine as a paladin without using weapons coveted by other classes.

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2014
    Armour of Faith is good for tanking, Paladin Protection from Evil also helps.

Turn Undead is extremely useful.

An Undead Slayer with a longbow decimates most IWD enemies.

Tongue of the Gloomfrost is a reasonable halbard, you can find Kresslick's sword early, and it isn't randomised, but I don't think there are any awesome 2 handers.

A lot depends on what else you have in your party though. I wouldn't include a paladin AND a fighter/cleric for example.

Fardragon said:

Armour of Faith is good for tanking, Paladin Protection from Evil also helps.

Turn Undead is extremely useful.

An Undead Slayer with a longbow decimates most IWD enemies.

Tongue of the Gloomfrost is a reasonable halbard, you can find Kresslick's sword early, and it isn't randomised, but I don't think there are any awesome 2 handers.

A lot depends on what else you have in your party though. I wouldn't include a paladin AND a fighter/cleric for example.

Why not? I'd generally recommend 2-3 divines and a paladin+fighter/cleric+druid would be an excellent team (in a 6 member party).

jackjackFinneousPJ
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    kensai said:

Well there are pretty good halbers in game and did you miss a Pale Justice?

i did miss that swrd. the +7 is nice, but I tend to prefer stun weapons on my tanks.(if i can find em)

great halberd and doom halberd look to be best imo. am guessing they both in how ?

best i got so far was halberd +1, which i didnt keep.

I tend to prefer stun weapons on my tanks.(if i can find em)

Which is why I suggest bastard sword and axe. Finished off with a blunt weapon for well rounded carnage.