Skip to content

Packmule Mcbobins OR what to do with a pally shaped grp slot

ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
yes its the best i have to say about mine.....he carries stuff well.

Other main use is in this thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37356/guard#latest

I use him to block off mobs, from the caster classes. Which requires an ac of -8 or lower.

I did have his ac down to -11 at one point but i shuffled stuffs some about. I had my pally as main tank in the undead isle, but since then he got relegated to a support role. I dont think any of the bullets are as good.

He just doesnt shine, at much to be a lead char in the party.

I did find one thing he did well.....was throw darts of stunning. He was CC for a while. Cant recall where i got those from, and didnt have many. SO this was brief phase of utility!

SO the poor old chap is back to being a donkey.

There is a good halberd in IWd, no idea where its from. Might be something to play with. Overall though there is no stand out pally weapon i can see......I gave 3 white doves to the ranger/cleric......wpu;d be one option though i guess.

Underwhelming choice of 2handers so far, did i miss an ubber one?

Comments

• kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    Well there are pretty good halbers in game and did you miss a Pale Justice?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Which kit?
    Which proficienes?
    What weapon style?

Dual wielding axe mainhand and bastard sword of action offhand is a great way to shine as a paladin without using weapons coveted by other classes.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2014
    Armour of Faith is good for tanking, Paladin Protection from Evil also helps.

Turn Undead is extremely useful.

An Undead Slayer with a longbow decimates most IWD enemies.

Tongue of the Gloomfrost is a reasonable halbard, you can find Kresslick's sword early, and it isn't randomised, but I don't think there are any awesome 2 handers.

A lot depends on what else you have in your party though. I wouldn't include a paladin AND a fighter/cleric for example.
    Fardragon said:

Armour of Faith is good for tanking, Paladin Protection from Evil also helps.

Turn Undead is extremely useful.

An Undead Slayer with a longbow decimates most IWD enemies.

Tongue of the Gloomfrost is a reasonable halbard, you can find Kresslick's sword early, and it isn't randomised, but I don't think there are any awesome 2 handers.

A lot depends on what else you have in your party though. I wouldn't include a paladin AND a fighter/cleric for example.

Why not? I'd generally recommend 2-3 divines and a paladin+fighter/cleric+druid would be an excellent team (in a 6 member party).
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    kensai said:

Well there are pretty good halbers in game and did you miss a Pale Justice?

i did miss that swrd. the +7 is nice, but I tend to prefer stun weapons on my tanks.(if i can find em)

great halberd and doom halberd look to be best imo. am guessing they both in how ?

best i got so far was halberd +1, which i didnt keep.

I tend to prefer stun weapons on my tanks.(if i can find em)

Which is why I suggest bastard sword and axe. Finished off with a blunt weapon for well rounded carnage.