Skip to content

The Secret NPCs you never considered..

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
Did you know with a clever mind you can keep all of the Candlekeep 'tutorial' Non-Player Characters for the entire game? Here is a Step-By-Step Video for Your very convenience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozMs_djkWdA

Here Are the 'Secret' Non-Player Characters:

Arkanis:
GOOD: S D C I W Ch Race Class Alignment
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Arkanis 18/53 12 19 15 12 8 Dwarf Fighter Neutral Good
No Biography, but he does say "I need a swig 'o some strong Dwarven ale."
Special Abilities: Abnormally high Hit Points for his Level; 39 at level 2
instead of maximum: 30 with 19 Constitution to be exact. (Kagain has 25 Hit-Points with 20 Constitution at Level 2)

Canderous:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Canderous 16 13 13 12 18 14 Human Cleric Lawful Good
No Biography, but he does have the voiced dialog of "Hello."
Special Abilities: Lay On Hands

Osprey:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Osprey 16 9 13 15 10 6 Half-Elf Cleric/Mage Lawful Good
No Biography, she has some scant character dept of saying "Yes Friend?"
Special Abilities: Invisibility (Now that could be VERY useful.)
[Because Clerics and Mages wield Two Handed Swords..]

Mordaine:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Mordaine 11 17 15 18 15 12 Half-Elf Invoker Lawful Good
No Biography, although she can say " 'Ello."
Special Abilities: Slow Poison

Deder:
NEUTRAL: S D C I W Ch Race Class Alignment
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Deder 11 18 16 12 13 9 Halfling Fighter/Thief True Neutral
No Biography, although he does have Limited dialog; e.g. repeating "Heya."
Special Abilities: Insane Thieving Skills for Level 1 Thief (as Shown Below)
Open Locks: 55%
Stealth: 105%
Find Traps: 35%
Pick Pockets: 65%
Backstab Damage: x2

Honourable Mention for Secret Non-Player Character: Biff the Understudy!
[Spoiler]image
*Attributes: All 9's* Biff Clearly Understudied...

*How About Them Those Saving Throws..*[/Spoiler]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what does this REALLY mean?

Warding: If you can 'hack it' without Non-Player Character depth nor conversations then consider the following:
-Who is the Best Pure Cleric in the Original Baldur's Gate? "Yeslick of coarse!" WRONG! That is actually Canderous with 18! Wisdom. He also has an Innate once-per-day Lay on Hands ability in addition.
-Osprey is the only 'Healer / Priest' who can use once-per-day Invisibility wearing full platemail while in combat and get all of the cool items at lower levels [e.g. light house cave wand of stunning].
-Arkanis is arguably the best 'Tank' for Good Aligned Parties with a supernatural Constitution of 19 with BONUS Hit-Points in addition to boot! (if you roll maximum hit-points every level; he is the best tank in the game; minus bonus regeneration)
-Deder is Off-the-Charts for bonus 'come-from-nowhere' Thieving Abilities. Also 18 Dexterity is not the very 'zenith pinnacle best', but it is nothing to complain about. He's a capable fighter when compared to Coran's 14 Str. 20 Dex. 12 Con.
-Mordaine is the best 'Good Aligned' Mage and possibly and or arguably the best mage in the Original Baldur's Gate with an amazing 18! Intellect; and she can hit things with her ranged weapons too with 17 Dexterity! Which means: Hit!, Hit!, Hit! Instead of miss, miss, miss.. With an additional innate once-per-day Slow Poison to boot!.

Well First off here is the Highest Non-Player Character Individual Attribute Holders:

"*Highest NPC ...
Strength: 19 (Dorn. Before him, 18/93 Minsc)
Dexterity: 20 (Coran)
Constitution: 20 (Kagain)
Intelligence: 19 (Baeloth. Before him, 18 Edwin [Evil Aligned), 18 Mordaine Good Aligned)]
Wisdom: [18 (Canderous) before him,] 16 (Branwen, Xzar, Faldorn, and Yeslick)
Charisma: 17 (Ajantis and Safana)

Priest Wisdom Scores: [Bonus]
Quayle: 10
Tiax: 13
Jaheira: 14
Viconia: 15
Branwen: 16
Faldorn: 16
Yeslick: 16
[Canderous: 18]"
@{-Quoted from: @Quartz‌ and added on to by myself with the " [ ] " brackets.}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really think that Osprey should be a Fighter / Mage [Unique Non-Player Character class combination] with her 15 Intellect and only 10 Wisdom; I think this mostly because in her portrait she is wielding a Two-Handed Sword!

Update:
With the Enhanced Edition The Above Video only works with Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast (as @Grum recently tested:S).
[Spoiler] WithinAmnesia said: Grum said:I just followed the steps and it didn't work. Was this 'fixed' in EE?

I can properly fix this later, but for now follow these four steps..

[Step One]
-Enable Cheats *sigh* (I know :disappointed:)
-Start the Game
[Step Two]
-Pause the Game with your characters in view
-Hold Control and Press the Space Bar and type the following:
"C:CreateCreature("Arkani")"
-Press Enter
-Type the Following:
"C:CreateCreature("Cander")"
-Press Enter
-Type the Following:
"C:CreateCreature("Osprey")"
-Press Enter
-Type the Following:
"C:CreateCreature("Mordai")"
-Press Enter
-Type the Following:
"C:CreateCreature("Deder")"
-Press Enter
-Type the Following:
"C:CreateCreature("Obe")"
-Press Enter
[Step Three]
-Unpause the Game.
-Let Obe Talk and keep selecting continue until his dialog ends.
-Mouse over Obe and Press and Hold Control and then Press the "Y" Key.
-Save Game and Exit to Desktop.
[Step Four]
-Now Disable Cheats.
[/Spoiler]
Post edited by WithinAmnesia on

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yeah I know about this trick, but I never looked into the details of those npcs. Errm, isn't this trick/cheat removed in bg:ee somehow? I guess it was.

Anyway, my guess is developers used existing npc files as templates so these npcs have left-over special abilities. Like Quayle's (who is also a cleric/mage) invisibility ability, and Dynaheir's (who is also an evoker) slow poison.
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited December 2014
    lunar said:

Yeah I know about this trick, but I never looked into the details of those npcs. Errm, isn't this trick/cheat removed in bg:ee somehow? I guess it was.

Anyway, my guess is developers used existing npc files as templates so these npcs have left-over special abilities. Like Quayle's (who is also a cleric/mage) invisibility ability, and Dynaheir's (who is also an evoker) slow poison.

They look pretty improvised in my eyes too, although they have some powerful 'positive overlaps'.
    For example with Quayle's diminutively abysmal 8 Strength makes it so he can only wear these 'advanced armours' Splint Mail, Splint Mail +1, Chainmail, Chainmail +1, Chainmail +2, Chainmail +3, Mithril Chainmail +4 and possibly the Magma Bulwark +2. Mean While Osprey can wear most all 'heavy armours' and is more suited towards physical fighting; although with her 15 Intellect compared to Quayle's 17 Intellect; she loses the 'best mage abilities competition' in comparison. Although they both have the same wisdom of 10!.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    lunar said:

I've always noticed that too - for example, Arkanis' int, wisd, and char appear to replicate Kagain's (a fellow dwarven fighter), Deder's replicates Montaron's (fellow halfling fighter/thief), and Osprey's replicates Quayle's (which explains why her char is so low, despite her attractive appearance and sweet voice).

Mordaine's stats make her a beast - but doesn't she now have 16 con in EE?

Of course, the problem with making the tutorial party your own is that you do encounter two of those characters later in the game - although you do have the dialogue option to accuse them of being doppelgangers and tell them to leave.

Still, for continuity's sake, I wouldn't mind seeing a mod that makes the remaining members of the tutorial party into NPCs that you later come across in your journeys and will join your party.
    edited December 2014

[Because Clerics and Mages wield Two Handed Swords..]

I really think that Osprey should be a Fighter / Mage [Unique Non-Player Character class combination] with her 15 Intellect and only 10 Wisdom; I think this mostly because in her portrait she is wielding a Two-Handed Sword!

That always bothered me too (plus the fact that the portrait is clearly of a human rather than half-elf), which is why I've overriden the portrait normally used for Osprey with this:

I've also swapped Deder's portrait with a version of Khalid's, since I feel that Deder's usual portrait suits Khalid's sniveling personality much better.

I've always noticed that too - for example, Arkanis' int, wisd, and char appear to replicate Kagain's (a fellow dwarven fighter), Deder's replicates Montaron's (fellow halfling fighter/thief), and Osprey's replicates Quayle's (which explains why her char is so low, despite her attractive appearance and sweet voice).

I did not fully see the relative attribute mirroring, I wonder why that is? Hmmn; the plot thickens like gravy!

Mordaine with 16 Constitution in Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition? I actually have not bought the game.. That is very odd I see. but I would if I could conveniently.

Of course, the problem with making the tutorial party your own is that you do encounter two of those characters later in the game - although you do have the dialogue option to accuse them of being doppelgangers and tell them to leave.

Still, for continuity's sake, I wouldn't mind seeing a mod that makes the remaining members of the tutorial party into NPCs that you later come across in your journeys and will join your party.

"[Y]ou do encounter two of those characters later in the game"
    -Where? [Edited Candlekeep Catacombs? Yes, Yes?]
    "Although you do have the dialogue option to accuse them of being doppelgangers and tell them to leave"
    -*light bulb 'Ding!'* They must be in the Candlekeep Catacombs! Yes?
    -They are just Doppelgangers and they are not the real deal. Doppelgangers can in mimic a person without actually killing them; although they try to 'permanently replace' their 'original' if they can most likely, from what I understand and or hear.
    edited December 2014

"That always bothered me too (plus the fact that the portrait is clearly of a human rather than half-elf), which is why I've overriden the portrait normally used for Osprey with this:

I've also swapped Deder's portrait with a version of Khalid's, since I feel that Deder's usual portrait suits Khalid's sniveling personality much better."

To be honest I'm quite 'mixed' to say this because I enjoy your input; but again to be honest:
    I think this portrait is absolutely sucks because it just loses that 'battle mage' feel without the two-handed sword and 'magical' background plus it stands out like a sore thumb against the original portraits for its 'different style'. Also it hardly looks 'very adventury' and has no true grit of a fighter; as in 'Linda the librarian' could use that portrait with little imagination.

Also I like your support but 'Ginger Khalid' is too low of quality I feel, rather than a goofy but distinctive and unique portrait of Deder. Also with a character with one line how can you judge if he is a shriveling cowardess character or instead a bad-ass goofy, half-insane stealthly (105% Stealth as a level 1 thief!) assassin of bastardswords and funny tales? Who is that guy with the 'dunk as a skunk' bard portrait that does not really incredibly fit well? Anyway I feel that Osprey's portrait is fine because her ears are hidden. Look at Jaheira's portrait (yes I have seen the Baldur's Gate II version but I think that one really sucks *Eyebrows raised, shoulder shrugged, smirk of a half crooked smile, eyes looking into a corner, palms rotated facing the sky*) along with the 'downgraded' art medium. but that is just my opinion [I'm just being honest here, have some respect now]

I love your passion but.. Well I do have a critical eye and I push myself for very good results when I create personal art. Although I do not know how much you have struggled and pushed yourself or maybe just you were lazy and slapped something together; I do not know but all I can say is keep it up, keep pushing and keep falling down.

Living is not a test of how much one can succeed without failure, time and time again bathing in praise and appreciation. No, Living life to your very zenith is a test to see how much one can keep failing, keep falling flat on one's face, keep being knocked down and keep being beat into the ground but not giving up, not surrendering hope even when you cannot see any light in the darkest of times of life, and not giving up on yourself. That morality in spirit truly tests who you are as a person and what you are on the inside are made of.

For if you try hard with any situation or any life and just ran out of time and could not fulfill your plans, hopes and ambitions and you come up short; do not feel defeated, do not feel vanquished, do not feel broken, weak or worthless. You tried your very furious, ferocious and very best, you struggled and raged berzerkingly, dogged and grim, ragged and warn, bloodied and battled. You fought and fought and fought and kept fighting and fighting all of those obstacles in the way of your freeing of your dreams from your mind and into this world. You kept the fight burning inside of you not knowing any predicable, easy and convenient outcome and you may have not made it.

You may of failed your objectives and or plans, you may feel broken and even dead on the inside; you may have fallen and can no longer physically get back up. You maybe be broken mentally, spiritually and physically and you may have come up short; but if at the end of your days when your clock has run out of its' rhythm and is abstaining from life. When even time has escaped you and abandoned you to fall into the end of oblivion. When you have no more short and long shots left at the targets of your dreams. More so If all you have to worry about is not that you were too lazy and did not spend your free time wisely, but rather you fought, hard and strong, tooth and nail and were defeated, abolished and beaten till bloody and ragged and all of your remaining worry is that you just simply ran out of time. you have no shame to feel, no defeat to reconcile, and not pain to relive in your heart and conscious. For if you besieged yourself with all of your combined might and gusto against the obstacles of your dreams, and you may have just come up short and you may have had your heart shattered into thousands of pieces, thousands of thousands of individual shards spread drifting across the cosmos; but you are not the short coming.

Love: 'Within Amnesia'
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    What the...

Anyway, I really like that portrait you've used for Osprey, @SharGuidesMyHand‌
    Any chance you can link the source or upload it somewhere if you've done it?
    Meh, we should find a homely portrait for Osprey, the chick in that portrait seems to have 16 charisma instead of 6.
    edited December 2014
    lunar said:

Meh, we should find a homely portrait for Osprey, the chick in that portrait seems to have 16 charisma instead of 6.

I think Osprey's Portrait is fine; Her 'pointy' ears are hidden and we could just say that she has particularity strong human genes or possibly she is a quarter elf rounded up to a half elf for in-game terms.

Edit: By that logic Minsc should have 25 Charisma based on that he is probably the most favourite Non-Player Character. Also maybe Osprey is a terrible, terrible, terrible leader with a very bad smell?
    Here is the Osprey that I would like to See [In Baldur's Gate: Path of the Lost Odyssey]
    Notable Feature Changes:
    -Fighter / Mage.
    -Large Sword Proficiency [Two Handed Swords and Two Handed Style]
    -Missile Weapon Proficiency [Crossbows]
    @SharGuidesMyHand you really have very high standarts if you think that second portrait is 'homely'. I find her very pretty in a 'poison ivy' style. But I am not into chicks really so what do I know? heh.

Here is the Osprey that I would like to See [In Baldur's Gate: Path of the Lost Odyssey]
    Notable Feature Changes:
    -Fighter / Mage.

Yeah she looks better, this way. But a fighter with 9 dex is going to suck. A f/m will be worse if she foregoes armor, running around swinging that sword in a neat 10 ac.
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    lunar said:

@SharGuidesMyHand you really have very high standarts if you think that second portrait is 'homely'. I find her very pretty in a 'poison ivy' style. But I am not into chicks really so what do I know? heh.

Notable Feature Changes:
    -Fighter / Mage.

Yeah she looks better, this way. But a fighter with 9 dex is going to suck. A f/m will be worse if she foregoes armor, running around swinging that sword in a neat 10 ac.
    Sword and Board, Shield spell and W&S style would make up for 9 Dex. Add magicky trinkets and she's ready to battle.
    edited December 2014
    I spent 10! Hours working out the 'perfect Osprey'; Here are my results:

I'm so 'done'.. I rounded down the 10 hours more like 10:23 uhg. 6:30 PM - 4:53 AM.*falls backwards in a slouch falling asleep from exhaustion*
    edited December 2014
    lunar said:

http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php/Baldur's_Gate:_Races_and_Stats#Dexterity

9 Dexterity is the same as 14 Dexterity in terms of combat performance.

@lunar should I 'stick' +1 Dexterity onto the Two Handed Sword +1? [Compensation]
    edited December 2014

lunar said:

http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php/Baldur's_Gate:_Races_and_Stats#Dexterity

9 Dexterity is the same as 14 Dexterity in terms of combat performance.

@lunar should I 'stick' +1 Dexterity onto the Two Handed Sword +1? [Compensation]
    Heh, 10 dex isn't that different than 9, in terms of ac as well :-) I was just saying as a cleric/mage 9 dex is not very bad because a c/m can stay back and cast spells all day. A f/m will eventually have to wade into melee (especially Osprey should swing that pink hilted sword!) and no ac bonus from dex is bad. Then again gloves of dexterity is super easy to get and I have known powergamers that have 3 dex just to bump all other stats to max, they reach the gloves ASAP and run around with all 18s in stats.

Also, delete wand of heavens from her inventory as she no longer has a use for it. You can swap it with a wand of fire with 2-3 charges, maybe.

edited December 2014
    lunar said:

Heh, 10 dex isn't that different than 9, in terms of ac as well :-) I was just saying as a cleric/mage 9 dex is not very bad because a c/m can stay back and cast spells all day. A f/m will eventually have to wade into melee (especially Osprey should swing that pink hilted sword!) and no ac bonus from dex is bad. Then again gloves of dexterity is super easy to get and I have known powergamers that have 3 dex just to bump all other stats to max, they reach the gloves ASAP and run around with all 18s in stats.

Also, delete wand of heavens from her inventory as she no longer has a use for it. You can swap it with a wand of fire with 2-3 charges, maybe.

Wand of FIRE! [WAZOO! *reasons >.>*] That is a better idea! Amazing! a Wow! *Yeah I'm done.*
    I think that a Wand of Fire for Osprey with three charges and give the Wand of the Heavens to Canderous.

I was thinking about that dexterity for Osprey when I was in bed at 6am. I could pull a 'Baldur's Gate 2' and increase some stats by one or if you play 'hard ball' you have a total of three attribute points to work with. Jaheira gained 3 Dexterity points up from 14 to 17 in the Baldur's gate II Transition. Also Viconia gained 3 Wisdom points up from 15 to 18.
    [Bonus: Quayle gained one point of Dexterity in Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition up from 15 to 16; plus mace to club specialty switch]

Since Quayle got a Stat buff in Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition and the previous max to 'buff' character attributes is 3. Also Osprey is based on Quayle. I should add and Extra point of Dexterity into Osprey plus add the 3 attribute 'max transition buff'.

Lets Compare Quayle to Osprey.

Quayle: [Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast]
    Strength: 8
    Dexterity: 15
    Constitution: 11
    Intellect: 17
    Wisdom: 10
    Charisma: 6

Total Attribute Points: 67

Quayle: [Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition]
    Strength: 8
    Dexterity: 16
    Constitution: 11
    Intellect: 17

Total Attribute Points: 68

Osprey: [Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast]
    Strength: 16
    Dexterity: 9
    Constitution: 13
    Intellect: 15

Total Attribute Points: 69
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Max Total Attributes:

Ajantis: [Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast]
    Strength: 17
    Dexterity: 13
    Constitution: 16
    Intellect: 12
    Wisdom: 13
    Charisma: 17

Total Attribute Points: 88

Dorn Il-Khan: [Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition]
    Strength: 19
    Dexterity: 16
    Constitution: 14
    Intellect: 10
    Wisdom: 15
    Charisma: 16

Total Attribute Points: 90
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are my plans for Osprey ['Version II']

-Fighter(2) / Mage(1): 4000 Total Experience.
    -11 Hit-Points with 1000 Experience away from another d10 Hit-Point Roll.
    -Saving Throws:
    ()Paralyses/Poison/Death: 10 (-4 from Default)
    ()Rod/Staff/Wand: 11 (Unchanged from Default)
    ()Petrify/Polymorph: 13 (Unchanged from Default)
    ()Breath Weapon: 15 (Unchanged from Default)
    ()Spells: 12 (Unchanged from Default)
    -Default Increases of Other Statistics from a Fighter / Mage transition from a Cleric / Mage with 4000 Total Experience.
    -Large Sword / Two Handed Sword / Two-Handed Style / Weapon and Shield Specialization.
    -Retains the 2 Additional Level 1 Wizard Spell Memorization Slots.
    -Retains Invisibility Once-Per-Day Innate Spell.
    -[Unique] Two-Handed Sword +1 (-1 weight, -1 Strength Requirement, +1275 Value [2775], Unique Colouring and Description when compared to a 'Regular' Two-Handed Sword +1).
    -Wand of the Heavens (x3 Charges) given to Canderous.
    -Wand of Fire (3x Charges) Osprey.
    -Retains IHAMM01 (Warhammer) and ISHLD03 (Medium Shield).

Attributes:
    Strength: 16
    Dexterity: 13 (9 +1 [Quayle E.E.], +3 [Baldur's Gate II Transition]) +1 Dexterity Two-Handed Sword 'Buff'? [Lawful Good Requirement?]
    Constitution: 13
    Intellect: 15

Total Attribute Points: 73
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I believe you forgot viconia in your priest account for best wisdom rate. She also comes with magic res plus (as edwing has 2 extra spells per level, which make int means nothing as comparison).
    edited December 2014
    I have created a new version of Osprey's Unique Two-Handed Sword +1

Unique Item Description:
    Inventory Screen Perspective:
    Osprey's Character Record:
    Notable Item Additions:
    () +1 Dexterity bonus.
    () Only Usable by Lawful-Good Alignment Characters.
    () Accurate Item Description.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    As it stands, only 2 'Default' Lawful Good Non-Player Characters can Wield this Greatsword:
    -Osprey
    -Ajantis

Although technically (maybe not practically) if one dual classed these Non-Player Characters into Fighters and added at least an additional 1 attribute point of Strength they too could wield this Unique Two-Handed Sword +1:
    -Dynaheir (Invoker, 11 Strength)
    -Mordaine (Invoker, 11 Strength [Supposedly Based On Dynahier; she also is a Human Invoker and she also has Innate Slow Poison])
    edited December 2014
    Osprey Version III
    Notable Features Include:
    -Fighter / Mage with 2 Extra Level 1 Wizard Spell Slots (3 Total).
    -Unique Purple Hilted Two-Handed Sword +1 with +1 Dexterity for Lawful Good Characters.
    -Paralyses/Poison/Death saving Throws: 10 (-4 from Default) [an Echo of her Former Priesthood serving as a Memento / 'Easteregg'].
    -Wand of Fire (x3 Charges) [Wand of the Heavens (x3 Charges) given to Canderous].
    -++ Large Sword / Two-Handed Weapon Specialization [Something should be done with Weapon and Shield Specialization].
    -Technically Unique War Hammer (IHAMM01) and Medium Shield (ISHLD03).

I increased Osprey's Dexterity to 14 Attribute Points. ['Cosmetic' Defense: Dorn raised the record highest total attribute points to 90 (+2 over Ajantis's 88) with the +3 bonus of 'Baldur's Gate II conversion' *tinfoil hat*] I honestly just raised the Dexterity to a 'usable' 14 for Osprey; what I did was like what happened with Jaheira's Dexterity, but she started with 14 Dexterity!.

You might say: "14 Dexterity is not usable!" Ah but Au contraire! Here is where the unique flair of this Non-Player Character comes to play! You see if Osprey equips her Unique Purple Hilted Two-Handed Sword +1 she receives a +1 bonus to her Dexterity and thus she has an artificial 15! Dexterity of which grants her a 'usable' +1 bonus to her Armour Class; acting as a 'pseudo' Defender Weapon +2. Although only while she is wielding her unique two-handed mêlée weapon [Haw-haw, wee-wee, touché!]
    Osprey Version III+
    Appearance Colour Fixing
    Osprey's Appearance Colouring (Sword Coast Keeper)
    Hair: 0x00
    Clothing Major: 0x2D
    Armour: 0x1A
    Metal: 0x1B
    Skin: 0x54
    Clothing Minor: 0x3A
    Leather: 0x17
    Comparison:
    Old:
    New:

Good Night Everyone!
    kamuizin said:

I believe you forgot viconia in your priest account for best wisdom rate. She also comes with magic res plus (as edwing has 2 extra spells per level, which make int means nothing as comparison).

-Viconia in Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast has 15 not 16 Wisdom; thus she is not mentioned as the previous best.
    -Edwin (not "edwing" :-P) has this 'Special birthright necklace' that allows him to [according to Near Infinity] have a +1 bonus to his Wizard Spell Memorization of Levels 1 through 9. He is also a Conjurer Specialist Mage; thus he has another +1 bonus to his Wizard Spell Memorization of Levels 1 through 9. [Thus a sum of a +2 bonus to his Wizard Spell Memorization of Levels 1 through 9]
    Honourable Mention for Secret Non-Player Character: Biff the Understudy!
    *Attributes: All 9's* Biff Clearly Understudied...

*Them Saving Throws..*
    edited December 2014
    Behold: I have 'birthed' another new version of Osprey[-III]!
    Osprey's Magic Candle:
    Osprey's Magic Candle was created so that Osprey can keep her +2 bonus to Level One Mage Spell Memorization as she levels up [Her bonus disappears after she levels up]. Also I had to make it into a ring and not a Quick Slot Item [#3] so that it could work [as intended] and Osprey to receive her +2 bonus to Level One Mage Spell Memorization [Slots].
    Also I used the Candle BAM file for it seems that it is not used in the game; or am I mistaken? (If so, I could just plan a new BAM file Alter like her Purple Hilted Two-Handed Sword +1 [Remove the 'golden bits' for a solid purple hilt and shrink the big BAM file to fit a straight silver Two-Handed Sword blade.]
    I should really put this 'new stuff' [Osprey III] into the Mod section..
    edited December 2014

lunar said:

Also their some of their Alignments look unchanged from their 'template' Non-Player Characters. Theory Below.
    -Theory: These are the 'original non-player character templates' for of which the 'candlekeep party' were based upon:

Arkanis: - Kagain
    () - "Arkanis' [Intellect: 15], [Wisdom: 11], and [Charisma: 8] appear to replicate Kagain's (a fellow dwarven fighter)". @SharGuidesMyHand‌
    <> - It seems that for the 'non-good aligned' template characters they replaced their original alignment with a 'good or better one"..

Canderous: - Ajantis
    () - Lay-on-Hands Innate ability [That of a paladin].
    () - Lawful Good Human Male. [Ajantis Mirror].
    () - Same Dexterity, 13 and the same Intellect: 12.

Osprey: - Quayle
    () - Innate Invisibility [Exact Mirror of Quayle]
    () - A perfect copy of Quayle's Specialist Mage Spellcasting: 3 memorization slots; not 2, same spells: Magic Missile, Identify.
    () - A complete copy of Hit-Points: 11, Exact Same Class: Cleric / Mage, Level: 2, 2 AND Experience error of 4,001 experience although it should be at least 5,000 experience for a Cleric / Mage of level 2, 2 respectively.
    () - Same Wisdom: 10, and that uncharacteristic Charisma of 6! "[D]espite her attractive appearance and sweet voice [*snip*]." @SharGuidesMyHand‌

Mordaine: - Dynaheir
    () - Innate Slow Poison [Exact same as Dynaheir].
    () - Same Strength: 11, Wisdom: 15 and Charisma: 11; a copy of Dynaheir.
    () - Both Lawful Good Invoker Specialist Mages, but here is the 'kicker' Mordaine copies Dynahier as a Human with a clearly elf Portrait!

Deder: - Montaron
    () - Same [Non-Combat] Attributes of Montaron: Intellect: 12. Wisdom: 13, and a Charisma of 9!
    () - "Deder's replicates Montaron's ([who is also a] fellow [H]alfling fighter/thief)". @SharGuidesMyHand‌
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    charname, kagain, ajantis, quayle, dynaheir, montaron... the new canon party?
    edited January 2015
    lroumen said:

charname, kagain, ajantis, quayle, dynaheir, montaron... the new canon party?

I hope that I can create 'New Versions' (If 'Needed' *Cough* Osprey *cough..*) of the 'Tutorial' Non-Player Characters and 'spread' them out over 'my' New Areas that I wish to implement for Baldur's Gate: Path of the Lost Odyssey.
    More Information on that Project Here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32091/new-expansion-pack-baldurs-gate-path-of-the-lost-odyssey/p1