Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 1.3 Release

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Ok, now I can post the twit:

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Lame :/
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    It would still be handy if someone could confirm if Trent is talking about the Mac version, the iOS version, or both, and if both, do they submit on the same day, or are they on different timelines? As I said, the lack of information is what I find most frustrating.
  • MestarMestar Member Posts: 78
    I feel I should be quoting Xan but there are too many that seem applicable. So I'll go with a a classic.

"Our quest is vain." - Xan
    Well it's Thursday :(
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    jackjack said:

Maybe it's finally time to give up hope.
    molloy said:

jackjack said:

Maybe it's finally time to give up hope.
    Eh, based on Trent's tweets, I won't worry unless I don't see it in the App Store by the 22nd (next Thursday).
  • Yann1989Yann1989 Member Posts: 92
    Hey, I was wondering about the Appstore update too. I am not entirely sure I want the update though, coz' there seemed to be an issue with stun.
    Yann1989 said:

Hey, I was wondering about the Appstore update too. I am not entirely sure I want the update though, coz' there seemed to be an issue with stun.

Truly a small price to pay for all of those juicy bug fixes.
    As I recall when this last came up, we believed the game was being resubmitted to the various App Stores, and was expected online no earlier than around the 21st, i.e. next Wednesday, so I'm not worrying. Thursday 22nd will mark 14 months waiting for patch 1.2, the week 1 release that fixes a few minor issues like corrupting save games, enabled and disabled buttons looking the same, weapon mastery applying bad bonuses, etc.

I will happily take 1.3 as it includes those fixes as well, but it is a long wait for a patch that was released 2 days before the app landed in the Mac App store...

Actually, I expect 1.3 to arrive Friday next week, as that is when I hit the road for 5 weeks - knowing that the patch is finally available, but knowing it will be a further 5 weeks to download it, seems about my luck with this game.

Of course, if I return from my trip at the end of Feb and the patch has still not landed, I will start worrying that we are sidelined behind Adventure Y, and other ongoing Sharknado projects, and the next round of patches BGEE and IWD. But that is paranoia getting ahead of me again; 1 month playing catch up with Apple is still too soon to forget about us again (I think).
    [OPTIMISTIC MODE]
    It's going to happen next Thursday, and most of the new 1.3 bugs will be already fixed.
    [/OPTIMISTIC MODE]
    Pibaro said:

[OPTIMISTIC MODE]
    It's going to happen next Thursday, and most of the new 1.3 bugs will be already fixed.
    [/OPTIMISTIC MODE]

For the 1.3 bugs to be fixed, they'd have to submit ANOTHER update which would then be ANOTHER 2 weeks... (at least)
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    Mestar said:

Pibaro said:

[OPTIMISTIC MODE]
    [/OPTIMISTIC MODE]

For the 1.3 bugs to be fixed, they'd have to submit ANOTHER update which would then be ANOTHER 2 weeks... (at least)
    But that's almost nothing, compared to the 14 months we're already waiting.
    Mestar said:

They submitted it a week ago, three weeks after the original 1.3, and they had to change something, so maybe all the fix they made in those three weeks are in the new version.
    Remember that the bg2 ipad version had some new features months before the pc version.
    Pibaro said:

Mestar said:

They submitted it a week ago, three weeks after the original 1.3, and they had to change something, so maybe all the fix they made in those three weeks are in the new version.
    Remember that the bg2 ipad version had some new features months before the pc version.

They *REsubmitted* it a week ago. The only bug they fixed was something with the icon that Apple said needed to be fixed. I'm pretty sure that was their only focus.
    Mestar said:

Pibaro said:

Mestar said:

They *REsubmitted* it a week ago. The only bug they fixed was something with the icon that Apple said needed to be fixed. I'm pretty sure that was their only focus.
    There were actually two bugs, but I don't know what the other one was.
    It would be really nice if someone from BeamDog could confirm that the Mac version is indeed submitted and pending approval with Apple. As far as I can tell, all official comments (mostly Trent's reposted tweets) specifically call out the iOS version, so the Mac story is still unknown. @Dee, is there anyone that can comment and at least let us know things are in hand?
  • MihneaMihnea Member Posts: 2
    Ok...I don't know if I'm on the right forum or such...but I ( and more other players like me ) have a problem. The problem is described in here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37360/android-no-gui-menus-all-black...but no one seems to care. I'm making this note in hopes of finding a kind heart to help us out with the issue because I really don't need to spend money on games like this.
    I've been playing BG:EE and Icewind Dale on my tablet without no problem...what seems to be the problem with BG2?
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited January 2015
    YES, great, just got a few days ago my WIN upgraded version.. updated with the 1.3.2064 too now!

I could not get the upgrade in december here.. too many things to do and.. i forgot it too (to be honest).. as i had not the time then to play then anyway.. but happy now that i could, well.. try it again //

As usual, first impression is good... with the surprise of a -200Mb release too apparently; some elements have been removed and/or maximized apparently (?!)... one of the very first thing noticed is the suppression of the previously totally unecessary (and more than anything else not removable after the first view^) intro screen with the new added 'characters' (rasaad -the best new one for me anyway..-, neera &co) ; at the end, to not be able to pass that screen (before every new game session opening) was making me nauseus before lol.. now, can forget those ones totally (from the start), great idea too! )) ....

... nowww.... the second impression is once again a little so-so (!) ;
    after just a very quick testing (i just will HAVE TO dl the last version of EEKeeper AND DLTCEP 'as usual' now.. seems to be absolutely NECESSARY with those EEs^^..) ........ i had the very nice pleasure to see that many of the basic things that were bugged (well.. bugging _me_ at least, so obvious and annoying they were.. if we wanted to use a game with those features of course^^, at least for me apparently..^^ and my even most quick/basic tests..^^) in the 1 year old previous version seem to be now fixed (indeed!), like the 'little details' (but that were totally killing my nerves with every chars i wanted to play -when i discovered a new bug and had to find a fix asap..or not^^)..without the absolute need of a manual patch in the override folder that were previously becoming a total unreadable/overcrowded mess after just a few tests...^^) :
    HLA number of traps now OK (for thieves/bards), HLA magic flute for bards (now working normally AND disappearing after 20h OK! -a thing i did NOT succeed to fix myself previously with my basic tools..i was happy..^-; great!), magic spirit armor Ok too now, the problem with the Slayer Transformation (could not use it more than once in the previous bugged version..was great when you were used or planned to use it..and were discovering it mid/end game lol^), tenser's transform too (a thing with inate abilities or not with it if i remember..needed a manual patch too..), etc... even an unexpected fix for the bard blades, dealing with its defensive spin ('DS') ; at last, the guys realized the 'DS' code was bugged, or at least had a conceptual problem with their new radical conception of 'free action' spells/tools coding lol (FA was literally avoiding/wasting the DS charges when needed..bard blades again screwed^ (at least was less annoying than the very first BG1EE release when the DS was totally bugged and was allowing the blade to..walk freely..with an auto -10 AC bonus from the start lol.. but yet^), for the rest of the 'new' bard blades spins troubles (Offensive spins interractions with speed things..wasting each others at the exception of the 'magic haste potion' working with it, BUT only when the potion was taken before the OS (but NOT after..the potion wasted then)..go wonder..'that is like that, magic, and that's all', lol.. ^^) , well, my personal patches should just work again as well for that very specific class (and yeah, i already had to fix for myself that DS incongruity with FA.. but never bad to see that, with time, others can notice and/or wish to fix, after all, some of those many 'little details' ('nothing to worry about, normal'!) too.. ^^). // :)

..on the other hand, i quickly launched a late game with Cernd ('Druid shapeshifter' class).. the HLA Earth elemental seem to _now_ (was working with the 1.2...) stuck him on the ground (like a bard blade DS); can no more move with it (with Fire elemental that's always ok though..)... the switch between transforms seems to give troubles too (the first stats staying)... also the throwing axes/hammers thingies no +STR to the damages now (i just had the confirmation in a post here..so i had not dreamed on that one too..i was wondering in the end^^)... well, so far, that's all...will see later)) ^^

..and i'm sure a lot of good (necessary) things have been fixed too so.. a few similar new surprises should be found again, i guess. but well... all in all, happy the patch was (at last) released all the same : much less work (for a 15 yo wonderful and kinda UNIQUE _ORIGINAL_ GAME for its time and beyond, a timeless atmosphere and always intriguing story behind, ok, but all the same!!..^^) (manual patches to have to do..) /headaches already apparently, and certainly many 'invisible' and much less obvious things than the ones above have been fixed too (according to the looong patch pdf release).. so, in the end, very nice and welcomed release so ! ..and i do love always the new zoom/multi platforms EE feature and the little but certain screen textures sharpening (all the same too) too anyway... that is a given, always, on the basic previous full screens free patches tries.. ))

soo.. all in all.. happy too... even with some delay to be able to get it.. always alive..so always interested obviously in the BG uni(multi)verse.. did not loose the BG faith all the same, hurray... *))

That's all for today.. and have a nice day)

(and again, thx for the so necessary/awaited upgrade so, makes things clearly cleaner/easier now, nicex2 so */ )
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

It would be really nice if someone from BeamDog could confirm that the Mac version is indeed submitted and pending approval with Apple. As far as I can tell, all official comments (mostly Trent's reposted tweets) specifically call out the iOS version, so the Mac story is still unknown. @Dee, is there anyone that can comment and at least let us know things are in hand?

@GreenWarlock‌ Last I heard we were waiting on a translation for the patch notes for German, but the update itself is ready to go. Ping me again on Tuesday and I'll try to get a more concrete answer.
    OK, thanks Dee. Lack of information has long been the most frustrating thing here (after the lack of patch!)

So the patch is not yet submitted to Apple, don't expect to see it in the App Store next week, but it is actively being worked on so don't despair! While it frustrates me to be held up for a German translation that has no bearing on me, I can only imagine how much more frustrating it would be for a German Mac customer if the patch were finally released after all this time, and they alone could not get it!!!

So thanks for the update, will check in again on Tuesday, and will find somewhere other than Baldur's Gate/Athkatla to spend this holiday weekend :)
  • MihneaMihnea Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Mihnea said:

Ok...I don't know if I'm on the right forum or such...but I ( and more other players like me ) have a problem. The problem is described in here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37360/android-no-gui-menus-all-black...but no one seems to care. I'm making this note in hopes of finding a kind heart to help us out with the issue because I really don't need to spend money on games like this.
    I've been playing BG:EE and Icewind Dale on my tablet without no problem...what seems to be the problem with BG2?

So...not even a heads up for me?! Total ignore?

At least answer me this: is this game supported on a Samsung S2 gaming spec? Because my tablet has the same specs as a S2, but it has a 10.1 inch screen so it makes easier to play. Ty
    Post edited by Mihnea on
    @Mihnea‌ You posted your problem in the right place (troubleshooting), they should say something there, if they don't, try to contact the beamdog support via email.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @Pibaro actually he linked to a thread by someone else who apparently had the same problem, but that thread was created in November 2014 and has not yet had any response from Beamdog.

@Mihnea if you get no response here, I'd also recommend contacting Beamdog support via email.
    So Apple store hasn't even been submitted (Mac OS store)?
    Latest news about IOS update

Not a very good news :(

The latest bug it's not a small one:

He said "we have a workaround", so maybe the issue is still there.
    edited January 2015
    Is this the same in-app purchases bug as the one present in the 2013 release? Hopefully not, as that would be dropping a big ball.
    I guess Thursday is out :/
    Maybe we'll see it on the 29th.
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    @Dee does that include a Mac resubmit to GoG? Thanks!