Skip to content

Virus detected in baldur.exe while patching?

Not sure what's going on but AVG 2015 did not like patch 1.3. I was downloading using P2P when the alert went off detecting a virus called "Win/Heur", now I'm stuck "Connecting..." after letting AVG delete the file, with P2P disabled.

Am I stuck with a reinstall, or is there some way to force the patcher to check file integrity? Also, has anyone else run into this issue?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    You know, there should be really some kind of a virus in the baldur.exe.

As soon as you run it first time, you're infected by it and nothing can be done to cure you.

All that is left is to embrace that virus!

Seriously though, the only thing you can do, I think, is to disable your AVG and then start downloading the game again.

• RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    I had the same experience. I uninstalled and reinstalled without further incident.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    AVG destroyed my update because it considered the exe 'damaged'. Which is true, a partially downloaded exe is damaged. But AVG's way of fixing it (deleting the partially downloaded exe) was kinda dumb. I suggest deactivating AVG during the download, then reactivating + executing! it on the downloaded files.