Skip to content

Anyone re-starting?

This release is so massive, it almost makes me want to quit my game mid-play through and start over. Anyone else considering this? Am I insane?

-With

Comments

• withnailwithnail Member Posts: 67
    This release is so massive, it almost makes me want to quit my game mid-play through and start over. Anyone else considering this? Am I insane?
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I know I restarted. I had run into gamestoppers and stopped playing ages ago, so to get back into it I started over just as well. Also some bugs aren't retroactively fixed if you're allready afflicted by them, so restarting might be a good idea.
    Yeah, I've been so busy, I haven't really played in months. I'm already in the Underdark, but it might be fun to restart.
  • mement0mement0 Member Posts: 105
    I just completed ToB with an Archer. So the timing was perfect.
    Also I have never finished the game with an evil party.
    Made a female blackguard, and started fresh.
    I will wait for IWD:EE sales during xmas, otherwise I will complete my run just to enjoy the mega-patch.
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    I'll try to complete my current game, where Imoen is the sole mage and rescued early. The party is active in and around Amkethran. Afterwards, time for experiments with a restart. :smiley:
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I'm restarting but then I do that all the time anyway so the new patch was just another good excuse -

I'm going with a Half-orc Barbarian tentative party includes Yoshi>Imoen and two new companions - Neera and Rasaad since I have not done much with any of those three at all.

Haven't decided yet on the rest - forgot to reset DBG so we are running through Chateau Irenicus this time which I have not done for a very long time either but I'm glad I did as I got Balas axe for my axe wielding barby .

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    SethDavis said:

considering how many people seem to suffer restartitis before nashkel you're probably one of the sanest ones around

its true, sometimes I get infected with restartitis and then play 3 different games at once, get bored of one, play another, get bored of that one, play a different game that I started

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I started a beast master playthrough in BGEE with the intention of completing it before BG2EE 1.3 was officially out. That didn't happen but I'm still doing it anyways. I haven't actually done Rasaad's romance in either game so I shall be looking forward to it.

I'm going to have a lot of nature oriented melee fighters in BG2. It will likely be me, Rasaad,
    Wilson
    , Jaheira, Yoshimo, and Minsc. I'll pick up Imoen in spellhold. :)

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I would call that "Nearly anyone re-starting"

What can be better than rolling your new character so that your playthrough could get all the features and the fixes from the patch? : )

The only exceptions can be those cases when you're really attached to your character and/or play too seldom due to work/studies etc. For e.g., I've running a totemic druid for many months already and will continue with him even now. I'm so determined to finish the game with this character.
    That's me. I have been so busy and I really do like my character and team. Since I'm already close to finishing with the Drow, I might as well push on...