Skip to content

#11062 Garfunkel is invincible, Dorn's quest broken.

Drizzts_Fat_CousinDrizzts_Fat_Cousin Member Posts: 44
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Did the Dorn Helmite massacre, was ambushed, but Garfunkel wouldn't go down even after multiple ctrl-y. Was wondering if any of you kind chaps had the area code for Resurrection gorge, or perhaps the code to summon Azathoth so I could get this half orc monkey off my back?

Didn't run into this problem before the beta 1.3
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,872
    edited December 2014
    @Drizzts_Fat_Cousin‌
    Looks like he does this if the other 4 are killed before he is attacked. Try dealing with Garfunkel first.

I'll get this tagged shortly, just checking other options out.
    Thanks
    (edit: reproduced this once, can't repeat again so something different happening)
    edit2. Finally got it to happen again, seems to be when Garfunkel has cast his spells and is in melee plus the last to be defeated?
    Post edited by Gate70 on
    Tagged, #11062. Please advise if your circumstances differ to this.
    Thanks
  • Woah. I've never seen such short latency times for bugs found/acknowledged. Kudos to you and your team good sirs/madams.

A bit off topic but I was wondering if you happen to had the CLUA to summon Garfunkel/Azothoth or the area code for Resurrection Gorge? Google-sensei has failed me thus far.

Dorn thirsts for blood and Greco-Roman wrestling. Well, mostly blood.
    edited December 2014
    Your best option @Drizzts_Fat_Cousin‌ is to do that ambush again and if he stays alive paste this command into the console so Azothet turns up.
    C:SetGlobal("OHD_Ambush","AR0043",21)

If you no longer have a save just before this, zip and attach what you currently have as it may require more effort - summoning or moving might break something else further down the line.
    Thanks
  • Here is a save from when I left the Underdark. Unfortunately I don't have a save right before, the addition of the quick save button has been both a blessing and a curse; on the one hand I can play with one hand. One the other I've become lazy and have only 2-3 file saves.

If you could fix it for me I would be eternally grateful. Dorn's one of my favorite NPCs.
    OK, try this save @Drizzts_Fat_Cousin‌
    Cheers
  • Gate70 said:

OK, try this save @Drizzts_Fat_Cousin‌
    Cheers

Thank you so much! This community rocks!
  • MaspalioMaspalio Member Posts: 2

Did the Dorn Helmite massacre, was ambushed, but Garfunkel wouldn't go down even after multiple ctrl-y. Was wondering if any of you kind chaps had the area code for Resurrection gorge, or perhaps the code to summon Azathoth so I could get this half orc monkey off my back?

Didn't run into this problem before the beta 1.3

I realize it's been some time, but I've had the exact same problem. And of course I don't have a save from before the ambush. Is there a way to salvage this without restarting the game?

I've joined a save from soon after this happened, still in chapter 2. If anyone could take a look at it, I would be eternally grateful.
    Try this @maspalio I noted you got a return to your guild message so that probably needs to be your next step.

Ambush with the Hammers and subsequent meetings has taken place (so anyone you killed before has just died a second time).
  • MaspalioMaspalio Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much, @Gate70! I didn't expect such a quick answer. You rock!