Skip to content

Favorite Sport

SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94
Exactly what it sounds like. I'm sure all the Europeans will say football, but I'll ignore them because they're just crazy Europeans.
  1. Favorite Sport120 votes
    1. Football("soccer")
      31.67%
    2. Hockey(NHL, KHL)
        6.67%
    3. Baseball(MLB)
        5.00%
    4. Basketball(NBA, European Leagues)
        5.00%
    5. Gridiron Football(NFL,CFL,College Football)
        3.33%
    6. Rugby(Union,League, etc)
        5.00%
    7. Other(Lacrosse, Australian Rules Football, Alligator Wrestling)
      18.33%
    8. People do stuff other then BG?
      25.00%

Comments

• SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94
    Personally, I'm a hockey fan due to the superiority of the NHL to any league and my love of the Boston Bruins (suck it Montreal)
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    Ankheg hunting. Wait, would that go under "other"?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Soccer of course (!!)
    I'm at least waiting for the people from the good European countries(Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland) that will back me up.
  • noodles_toonoodles_too Member Posts: 23
    Crazy European here...Bristol City fan. At the game today to see us beat Cardiff in the 'derby' and go top of the league for a whole hour!!!
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited August 2012
    Are we talking about watching or playing? Well it would be other for both in either case. I like playing golf, and I like watching auto racing.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Smashing orcs with dwarven waraxes...umm, that counts as a sport right? >.>
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    MLB and NHL about equally.
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    I can't care less about proffesional sports... it bore me
  • AtlanticAtlantic Member Posts: 44
    Rugby in the pouring rain on a freezing winter night just can't be beat :D
    Seems a bit of an oxymoron Atlantic. Pouring rain on a freezing winter night.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    I'm Canadian so hockey is pretty much the only sport I even remotely follow. I dream of the day when the Toronto Maple Buds become the Toronto Maple Leafs. Probably not in my lifetime though (another 60 years).
  • AtlanticAtlantic Member Posts: 44
    Hail then ;)
  • DejwoSWKDejwoSWK Member Posts: 35
    Badminton :)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Martial Arts, thought I don't consider traditional Martial Arts as a sport. It's insult.
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    I used to love MMA, but now i don`give a f**k
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    K1 and thay boxing events from thailand:D
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited August 2012
    ESPORTS!
    (Starcraft)
  • LRECLREC Member Posts: 68
    To watch, hockey (RED WINGSSSSS!!! and Oilers! And to a lesser extent...Go Jets!)
    To play, rugby or lacrosse
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    Even though it's not always considered a sport, it is to me and millions of others around the world:

Mixed martial arts. It's the closest thing this world has to gladiatorial combat (Oh, how I wish we still had that accepted in our society.)
  • SeriousMikeSeriousMike Member Posts: 38

Martial Arts, thought I don't consider traditional Martial Arts as a sport. It's insult.

How is that insulting?

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @SeriousMike You probably wouldn't understand without training traditional martial arts while having teacher that highly respects spiritual aspects of the training. To understand it, you have to experience it.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Am starting to become a serious Swansea supporter after seeing the last two matches of Premier League! God, do they play nicely!
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    @Cheesebelly I love watching less fancied teams actually 'play' football, as apposed to parking the bus.

As for me, My favourite Sport is Cricket. The sound of leather on willow means no more winter.
  • WoldanWoldan Member Posts: 41
    Other: Motorsports. I love watching the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) and the 12-24 hour races, also I'm a huge WRC rally fan, love it when powerful AWD cars slide and jump on muddy roads in the middle of a boreal forest with over 200 km/h while its raining. Epic and beautiful.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    No tennis???
  • DelinomDelinom Member Posts: 46
    Other - Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    All sports, all emotions; fencing, snooker etc.
  • cutlasskiwicutlasskiwi Member Posts: 35

I'm at least waiting for the people from the good European countries(Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland) that will back me up.

I heard backup was needed :)

Being from the North of Sweden we take our hockey seriously. I practically grew up at the ice rink watching games and even playing myself until my knees gave up. The only good thing about summer being over is that the hockey and football leagues starts up again.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited August 2012
    Hockey ? Baseball ?... I've seen these strange sports in some movies, but I'm not sur they exist IRL.

You forgot bike (mountain bike or racing bike), handball, voley-ball and swimming, very popular in some european countries.