Skip to content

#11074 Bala's Axe should not say it is lowering magic resistance when you hit an enemy with it

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
1) Load attached save
2) Take "Geodude" and hit Imoen with your Bala's Axe.
3) Notice that the string "Magic Resistance Lowered" is appearing every time you hit Imoen

Expected Behavior: "Miscast Magic" should instead appear.

Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    Yup, this is a bug from vanilla BG2. I once posted about it in the BG2 Fixpack forum as well, some time ago.

For the record, in BG:EE the axe displays the correct string. It says "Miscast magic", so that's the line that should also be used in BG2:EE.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,872
    Tagged
    Thanks
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    Also, if you read the in-game description of the axe (I shall paste here for your convenience):

"..... Some say that the axe was powered by Bala's intense hatred of wizards. The axe gives the owner the ability to dispel magic once a day."

There is no such ability for the current version of BG2:EE. Can the developers please fix this? I really love this axe!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited December 2015
    johntyl said:

Also, if you read the in-game description of the axe (I shall paste here for your convenience):

"..... Some say that the axe was powered by Bala's intense hatred of wizards. The axe gives the owner the ability to dispel magic once a day."

There is no such ability for the current version of BG2:EE. Can the developers please fix this? I really love this axe!

Edit: Looks like I'm wrong. I'll make some inquiries. In the meantime it would be best if you made a new thread about this.