Skip to content

#11092 Auto-Pause: Enemy Sighted should not be automatically disabled

argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
How to reproduce:
1. Enable "Enemy sighted" option in the Gameplay->Auto-pause screen
2. Enter the Slaver Compound (AR0405).

Observed: The game does not trigger auto-pause in the Slaver Compound (AR0405).
Expected: The game activates auto-pause as soon as enemies enter the visual range of the party.

You can test it with the attached save when you enter the backdoor to the Slaver Compound. It worked as expected before the latest patch.

Edit: I should have finished the map completely before reporting a bug. Actually all enemies in the Slaver Compound don't trigger auto-pause. I have updated thread title and description accordingly.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @argent77‌ I had a look and it seemed to me that characters turning hostile after a dialogue don't auto-pause, but those which turn up as hostile do. I checked this by retreating from the group near the trapped staircase and the auto-pause worked as each one came back into sight.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    edited December 2014
    @Gate70‌ I've tested it more thoroughly and the issue described in my first post actually consists of two separate bugs.

1. Entering the Slaver Compound through either entrance never triggered the auto-pause even though enemies were clearly present.

2. Enemies that are coming into visual range never trigger auto-pause after saving and reloading a game while a party member is charmed. The issue persists even after the charm effect has run out. Saving and reloading the game after the charm effect has ended fixes the issue.

Should I open a separate topic for the second issue?
    I'm still not convinced about the either entrance part, I jumped your party over to AR0400 and this is what I got.

I'd say open the charm one up as a separate topic as it makes things easier to track.
    Thanks
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    The imps and mephits in the Cowled Wizard's home is another example where auto-pause on "Enemy sighted" does not work. (Save attached)

More examples which don't trigger auto-pause are the pirates hideout in The Thumb's tavern or the minotaurs in Kangaxx's tomb. Although I have managed to trigger auto-pause in the minotaur room once or twice. I still have no clue why sometimes auto-pause works and sometimes not.
    edited December 2014
    hmm. Curiouser & curiouser.

Will dig around.

Edit, & tagged.
    Thanks
  • deathmonkey2k5deathmonkey2k5 Member Posts: 14
    I've noticed several times during the game that it will not auto-pause when it should. For example, if you load this game and step into the house my dude is standing in front of, shouldn't it pause?
    edited January 2015
    I think it is the same so have merged.
    Thanks
  • howmanyhourshowmanyhours Member Posts: 23
    I've also seen this happen in a few places (playing on the iPad) including the entrance to the part of the sewers which opens up once you have taken on the Haer'Dalis quest as well as one of the unmarked houses in the north of the Bridge District which contains the 4 clerics (i.e. the house with the Ankheg Shell).