Skip to content

[No repro case] Cult of the eyeless not starting

tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
I get into the temple district and went to were Gaal has his little preaching and after it one of the three priest leaders should appear depending on what I play as an my alignment. In my case I am a F/M/T so for me High Watcher Oisig right? Well for me nothing happens I've tried using an old save before I enter the area which has had no effect.

When I went out of the game enabled debug mode and used CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("bhoisig") he appeared made his little chat and everything worked perfectly afterwards.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi @tobajas‌
    Do you have a save from when you had the issue or from before Gaal spoke so we could investigate?

(& are you on version 1.3 of the game, and if you are did you start on 1.3 or update part way through)
    Thanks
  • tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    edited December 2014
    Hey @Gate70 the game is on the newest version and the game was started on it. Weird thing is though that I checked the save again and it seems to work now, only difference I did was that the computer got restarted maybe it was more of a local problem then with the game no clue. Tried to upload the save files anyways but when I try to upload them it say's "uploaded file type is not allowed" the files I try to upload are baldur.sav and baldur.gam
    edited December 2014
    Might be an intermittent issue so worth having a look @tobajas‌

You need to zip the contents of 00000nnnnn-savename folder, i.e. sav, gam and bmp's.
    Thanks
    there you go @Gate70
    Grr. I thought I had it first time, reloaded to check and it worked every time afterwards. One to come back to...
    edited December 2014
    For me it did'nt work at first, I reloaded that save 4 times and went there and he still did'nt appear. So I quit the game activated debug mode load the save went there and then used debug mode to get him back. Went and posted the bug here. Then after reading your comment I went back in loaded the save to check it again before uploading it and it worked all of a sudden, reloaded it 6 times and it worked everytime. Only difference that happend here as I said was that I had turned off and on the computer between the first time and the second time.

Oh and not sure if this really matters but my play up to that point was basically.
    Use debug mode to skip most of Irenicus dungeon, cheat in some gold and xp based on what I typically earn there. Turn of debug mode. Clear the tent quest, went to slums, started chapter 2, went to copper cornet, got nalia + saved slaves, went to the underground cleared the area and got Lilarcor then cleared the slave ship house and saved the other slaves. Got out went to adventur mart in Waukeen promenade to buy some stuff, got ambushed on the way by Senai. Then I went to D'arnise keep but got ambushed again on the way was that poisoned harper guy, went to docks turned him in and did the whole harper + Xzar quest chain. Sold and bought some more stuff went to D'arnise keep cleared it went back to Waukeen promenade. As I entered the area Devon teleported in and wanted me to save his village, then Bodhi's underling came and asked to meet Bodhi, and Gaelan's nephew came next and then another Devon teleported in who just stood there. Decided to just go to the temple district instead of the adventurer mart and that's everything.

Also just incase the game I was running was clean with no mods installed either previously or after the install of the game. At the moment I am doing a clean BG2EE game on my laptop and a mod game on my stationary.
    I'm going to mark as no repro case until we can work out a reliable means of reproducing the issue.
  • HoarmurathHoarmurath Member Posts: 8
    I too have had issues with this quest. I am playing BGII v1.3 with 14 mods. Kheldorn never appears. I have tried CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("bhoisig") Kheldorn does appear using this cheat, but you cannot start a dialog with the High Watcher & you do not gain access to the dungeon.
  • JamesCardwell68JamesCardwell68 Member Posts: 2

I too have had issues with this quest. I am playing BGII v1.3 with 14 mods. Kheldorn never appears. I have tried CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("bhoisig") Kheldorn does appear using this cheat, but you cannot start a dialog with the High Watcher & you do not gain access to the dungeon.

I tried using bhoisig as well. I could get him to talk to me, but not actually give me the quest. I suspect it was due the fact my char. was not the correct alignment for Helm.

Workaround:
    Made a save before going to the temple. Transferred it to MP save. Loaded and deleted the main character, created a new LG cleric as main. Went to the temple got the quest from the Priest of L.. Saved a new save, repeated the process above, swapping the cleric out for my mine character. I haven't verified that I can actually do the quest, but I am confident that this should work.
  • Pax_EmpyreanPax_Empyrean Member Posts: 1
    Two year old thread, but this is a problem I came across myself, today, and I didn't see a solution posted anywhere. I also have a workaround that's rather a bit easier than shuffling MP games.

After you spawn bhoisig using the console, the alignment mismatch is what prevents you from talking to him in the temple and advancing the quest. Using EE Keeper to change your alignment to neutral (I used Lawful Neutral, but others should work) will allow you to talk to the head priest of Helm.