Skip to content

Quayle Calls for Aerie Bug

UndesirableUndesirable Member Posts: 4
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
If Aerie is removed from the party just before a messenger informs the party that Quayle wants to speak to her (to start the Haer'Dalis quest line) then when Aerie rejoins the party and the messenger gives the quest to speak to Quayle outside the circus tent, Aerie will not initiate the scripted dialogue with Quayle when the party re-enters the tent.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I've tried doing this as the messenger moves towards the party and could get three results.
    1. Aerie dumped quickly enough for the messenger not to deliver his message.
    >> Messenger stands idle. Recruiting Aerie then talking to the messenger sees the plot progress.
    2. Aerie dumped quickly enough for the messenger to only deliver 1 line and not the request.
    >> Messenger stands idle. Recruiting Aerie then talking to the messenger sees a line about turnips and the quest is never given.
    3. Aerie not dumped quickly enough.
    >> Quest is given normally.

I'm not sure any of these reflect what you are seeing.
  • UndesirableUndesirable Member Posts: 4
    I just attempted to reproduce this bug again, following the same steps I took previously and failed to reproduce it. There must've been other less obvious factors involved in it happening the first time.