Skip to content

Random Questions

First I would like to say thanks to all who gave me advice on how to start and what to do in order to try and play this game.

So far Im just on the in game tutorial part, having gotten through the instructions that Belt and the party has given me, and now Im in the basement. Still havent gotten even a 50% understanding on how the UI works, but Ill get that in time after finishing this in game tutorial, and then reading the 2 manuals that people linked for me to read.

But I do have 1 question. (And sadly I dont know if this has already been asked before, since my forum searching skills are terrible, so if it has, Im sorry) Is there a way to maneuver the camera without moving my mouse to the sides of the screen, and/or using the arrow keys? Because my arrow keys are on the right side of my laptop, and it would be great if I could somehow move the camera using the WASD keys or something, but I dont know if thats even possible. If not, I guess Ill try to muster through it, but this would be a great Quality of Life improvement for me to really get into this game if its possible.

(And on a completely different note, what exactly is the etiquette for asking questions? Since Im sure Ill probably have more questions than anybody who has ever played this game before, Im just wondering if I should just make this 1 single post, and then edit it continuously with new questions, or are we allowed to make a new topic for each new question? My main goal here is just to not come off as a nuisance who is taking away time from other peoples questions)

Comments

• kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I'm not aware of any way to assign keys for moving the viewpoint, but if there is a way I'm sure someone here will know.

A bit unrelated, but you can center the screen on one of your characters by holding the number corresponding to their position in the party (1-6) for a second. In fact, if you hold that number down while the character is walking the view will continually move with them.

I believe you can ask as many questions as you want, and in a new topic each time. Try to be specific in the title of the topic about what you need to know and you're more likely to get someone to respond with advice or answers.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Hurricane said:

Is there a way to maneuver the camera without moving my mouse to the sides of the screen, and/or using the arrow keys?

Yes, there's one other possibility. You can pan around the game screen by moving the mouse while holding down the middle mouse button (scroll wheel). It's super effective! ;)
    Thank you sir! I didn't know this either.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

But I do have 1 question. (And sadly I dont know if this has already been asked before, since my forum searching skills are terrible, so if it has, Im sorry) Is there a way to maneuver the camera without moving my mouse to the sides of the screen, and/or using the arrow keys? Because my arrow keys are on the right side of my laptop, and it would be great if I could somehow move the camera using the WASD keys or something, but I dont know if thats even possible. If not, I guess Ill try to muster through it, but this would be a great Quality of Life improvement for me to really get into this game if its possible.

you could always go onto the map screen and drag the box around, probably more trouble than it's worth though
  • superluccixsuperluccix Member Posts: 76
    Thanks for the reply guys. It turns out this wasnt really a problem at all for me. See, the only other game I played that involved you using your mouse to move the screen was in League of Legends. And that involved fast paced combat in multiplayer, so thats what I was basing my 1 single experience off of.

But of course in this game, since its much slower, this doesnt turn out to be much of a problem at all