Skip to content

OH MY. That's a stat roll o_o

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
So I installed like a bunch of new soundsets so I'm making a random character to go listen to them. I make a female gnome illusionist/thief that I don't actually plan on playing, just to use to test the soundsets. Upon hitting ability scores I see a natural roll of 96.

That's the highest I've ever gotten ever. I'm not even planning on using this character.
WHY MUST I BE CURSED SO!?

Comments

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Jarrakul said:

That portrait is very... colorful. It's actually pretty adorable, although I don't know how well it fits with the other BG portraits. That'd bother me, but if it doesn't bother you, more power to you.

As for romances, I believe your options are Rasaad, Dorn, and Hexxat. Anomen isn't into gnomes.

It's super difficult to find a pink haired gnome girl @_@. I agree and am using this picture as a place holder until I can find a better one. I'm RP-ing that she has fey-blood within her (from the mother of course) that gives her illusion magic but it also caused her hair to be a non-standard color. When trying to find a picture I get a lot of WoW gnome pictures but none of them work as a portrait. So yeah, I agree. I shall keep looking for a better picture to fit!
    Thinking of switching to this one
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/287/1/0/the_real_lulu_by_domaicreations-d5w86g4.png

It's the same character; Lulu from League of Legends but I like her character design and it fits a gnome.
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    Vallmyr said:

Very well! Piro Faeren, your adventure begins! I'll put my previous playthrough on hold. Never played a female char in BG and I've always played Cleric in the original and did a Blackgaurd playthrough in the EE versions so this should be different/new :D Certainly going to miss animate dead but I'll just find an npc to cast it for me I suppose :3

Just wondering, who can I romance as a female gnome?

Hur hur hur. At's some strengf for such a dainty 'ittle gnome.

Don't know why I said that, something about the portrait brought out the random in me.
    demented said:

Vallmyr said:

Very well! Piro Faeren, your adventure begins! I'll put my previous playthrough on hold. Never played a female char in BG and I've always played Cleric in the original and did a Blackgaurd playthrough in the EE versions so this should be different/new :D Certainly going to miss animate dead but I'll just find an npc to cast it for me I suppose :3

Just wondering, who can I romance as a female gnome?

Hur hur hur. At's some strengf for such a dainty 'ittle gnome.

Don't know why I said that, something about the portrait brought out the random in me.
    For my Piro character I always set my wisdom to 8 because she's very much lacking in common sense. Had to point those extra points somewhere.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Wisdom only matters for wish so not a big deal. Very fun multiclass, enjoy it :)
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    If you are really into roleplaying, you could spice up your game by wandering around and doing really, really dumb things .... after all that's what a low wisdom like that would imply.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited December 2014
    kiwidoc said:

If you are really into roleplaying, you could spice up your game by wandering around and doing really, really dumb things .... after all that's what a low wisdom like that would imply.

I find playing low-wisdom characters a great deal of fun.
    I never lower wisdom below 9, 8 for penalized races.
    Post edited by jackjack on
    kiwidoc said:

Well I stole stuff in front of a guard, tried to sweet talk my way out of it and failed (not cute enough I guess), then blinded the guard and ran away.

Fun times XD
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I wasn't actually trying to get you to change portraits, but since you're actually looking to... I'll see if I can turn something up. I enjoy portrait-hunting, and I simply don't believe that there are no pink-haired gnome portraits out there.
    Jarrakul said:

I wasn't actually trying to get you to change portraits, but since you're actually looking to... I'll see if I can turn something up. I enjoy portrait-hunting, and I simply don't believe that there are no pink-haired gnome portraits out there.

If you found one I would very much appreciate it n_n
    I would use Alora's since she has pink hair but I plan on having her in my party. This will be my first playthrough with the NPC mod and so I plan on getting Alora as early as I can. I imagine Piro and Alora would be the best of friends considering they have the same personality type/low wisdom lol.

So far I don't really have a plan for an endgame party as Piro would just be friends with who she likes the best which so far is just Imoen (hasn't really met Alora yet).

She's getting tired of ol' Monty being a douche but finds Xzar to be hilarious.

. . .
    In hind sight I should have done one of those playthrough runs where I document everything and post it.

I suppose it's not too late as I'm only at the Friendly Arm Inn. Mmmm. . . anyone have advice on a format to document such an adventure? :D
  • JustChipJustChip Member Posts: 21
    A pic to tuck into your list of "potentials"...
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Having sunk some time into this, I am beginning to see the problem. Pink haired gnomes (or plausible approximations of gnomes) are extremely common, but most of them are either very anime or very WoW. It's just a pity there's so little art of Pixie (of the X-Men) out of uniform, because she'd probably be a decent fit otherwise.

Anyway, have some deviantart links. None of them strike me as perfect, unfortunately.

One of Pixie, definitely in-uniform and not especially gnomish. Also somewhat anime, but that turns out to be hard to get away from. She has a sword, at least, so that's... something.
    http://uryenn.deviantart.com/art/Pixie-372291753

Weird surreal one. This one is probably the closest to BG in style, but it's... weird. Moreover, the expression is probably more serious than you want.
    http://pixiecold.deviantart.com/art/Pixie-Cold-295116024

Probably too "thick-line" to be of much use, but it just oozes "mischievous gnome thief."
    http://blacknyappy.deviantart.com/art/Ready-to-go-382399048

Chipper, friendly, probably still too anime.
    http://lorien077.deviantart.com/art/Sparklegem-Speedpaint-478159704

Another good mischievous thief, but still probably too anime. Also the background could be a pain to turn into something that'd look good in a portrait.
    http://kiuow.deviantart.com/art/Pixie-349199247

Far and above my favorite of the lot. She's just so cool. Still pretty anime, though, especially in the size of the eyes. But so cool.
    http://linxz2010.deviantart.com/art/Lynnigosa-356197012

If you don't like any of these (and I wouldn't blame you, I'm not that satisfied with them myself), I can keep looking. Can't say I fancy my odds as much as I did yesterday, though.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    How nice! It's always warm to see another person enjoying the fun of BG.

You can play with your own avatar, @Vallmyr‌ (a 24-bit BMP image with the 169x266 resolution is below):

edited December 2014
    Oh wow! Thanks guys! It's a real shame none of my IRL friends play Baldur's Gate. Glad these forums exist n_n

Definitely saving all of these!

Edit: Also update on the playthrough. /speaking in character

I kicked Monty and Xzar out after hearing them endlessly complain about me being "Too good" or something. How can anyone be too good? I'm the best after all! Found a Wild Mage named Neera who's definitely the best mage ever. Except for me of course. And Imoen. Third best mage.

Also, while I'm sure Jaheira and Khalid mean well they keep rushing things instead of just simply enjoying each day!

/out of character

So far no one has died yet. Decided I'd do a minimal-reload (I think that's what it's called) run as well because hell, if I'm running a godlike character why not XD
    edited December 2014
    Also it's really weird for such a character RP shift. I'm used to playing Necromancers (if you look all my other threads I've created have been about necromancy XD) and leaning towards the True Neutral/Neutral Evil types. Then suddenly this super chirpy gnome girl with god-stats arises from nothing and I'm suddenly super enjoying the story I'm creating around her using Baldur's Gate n_n

Edit: JUST HAD A WONDERFUL IDEA. I might use http://lorien077.deviantart.com/art/Sparklegem-Speedpaint-478159704 for the newbie that left candlekeep.

Then use http://blacknyappy.deviantart.com/art/Ready-to-go-382399048 in BGII when she's 'wisened up' some and realizes the world isn't such a happy place. So tragic :( I wonder what will happen to cause this change? Or maybe the change won't happen at all!
  • DragonOfShadesDragonOfShades Member Posts: 56
    This is crazy. My best roll was 95 for barbarian I'm actually not going to play.