Skip to content

Best (Current) way to play the Series?

Hi, new to the site (not so new to the game). I wish if you could help me decide or explain what is the best way to play the game right now? I've read about Tutu, BGT, Big World, the EE's obviously and I think those are the main ones I've heard about. My problem is that some of the complains/praise I've read towards the EE's and Tutu/BGT are quite a few years old. So while I've read complains in some forums towards the EE's I'm not sure if it was because of bugs that maybe have already been solved and in regard to Tutu/BGT while almost all tutorials are about how configuring your game, I'm not so sure if it is because they are truly better ways to play the game or if it is because in the time of those posts the EE's didn't exist or weren't as good as they are right now.
Sorry if this isn't the right section to ask these types of questions, but it truly is kind of overwhelming to come to a game after a few years and for it to seem so different (at least on the surface)

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited December 2014
    Welcome!

My advice: buy the EE's while they're on sale (on sale on steam and the Beamdog site currently). They remove any issues of compatibility with newer tech and they don't need to be modded to fix any bugs. They also have some shiny new content with characters that are fully in keeping with the rest of the game. Plus if you are into mods the EE's are apparently easier to develop mods for(or so i've heard) and have a thriving community of modders making them better. there's also the fact that the enhanced editions are still actively supported and any bugs/problems you might find can be posted here and someone (either a staff member or just a helpful forumite) will be able to help you.
  • ValusValus Member Posts: 2
    Okay, thanks for taking your time to answer my question! After reading a little more, I'm convinced that's what I'll be doing. Once again, thanks