Skip to content

What racial enemy do you normally choose (BG2/BG2EE)

2»

Comments

• rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited June 2017
    I'm trying to translate the BG2ee ranger racial enemy. But what are faerie? Dryads e nymphs?
    The old vanilla translation sounds like Pixie.
    Post edited by rede9 on
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    rede9 said:

I'm trying to translate the BG2ee ranger racial enemy. But what are faerie? Dryads e nymphs?
    The old vanilla translation sounds like Pixie.

I assume that it means any enemy with the setting race=[Fairy], so the main example (which you confront several times during BG1) is Sirines, but also including Dryads, Nymphs, Nereids, and so on.

I don't know into what language you're trying to translate, but "fairy" should be in any good English->(Your language) dictionary. "Faerie" is simply an archaic alternative spelling of "fairy".
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I tend to mostly play multiclasses, so if I want to go ranger (which I often do) I roll a Ranger/Cleric. For RP reasons, I pick demonic.

@Kamigoroshi Don't insult cockroaches by comparing them to faeries! Cockroaches are wonderful creatures.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2017
    Not sure why this thread was necroed but I'm not really interested in the topic any more so I'm closing it. Any translation issues can be brought up in an another thread.
    rede9
This discussion has been closed.