Skip to content

#11106 Saving and reloading as Nalia is kidnapped should not see her remain nearby

deathmonkey2k5deathmonkey2k5 Member Posts: 14
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
I got to the point yesterday when Nalia was abducted. This happened in Imnesvale. I saved it, and just now I loaded the game to continue and Nalia is right there next to the fountain. The quest log still says she was abducted.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• deathmonkey2k5deathmonkey2k5 Member Posts: 14
    This is quite frustrating. I went thru the same steps to get to the point where she is taken, I see her walk away with the guards and that weasel, i save the game, i reload the game, and there's Nalia, ready for me to take her back in to the party.
    It looks like the way around it would be to not have her get abducted at Imnesvale. I just had her taken from me at the Keep and there's no duplicate Nalia. Don't know if it happens anywhere else. Don't have the time to find out. Must go save her...
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited December 2014
    Do you have a save from before she is abducted that you could zip & attach please @deathmonkey2k5‌
    Thanks

(edit, & are you using the 1.2 or 1.3 version of the game),
    Post edited by Gate70 on
    Hey there @Gate70‌...Here's the two saved games zipped up. I'm playing the latest version, 1.3.2064. That is the same version that I experience the screen scrolling issue I also reported. Purchased and played off Steam. When you load the "After Nalia Gets Arrested" save, you'll see her right there at the fountain. The quest log will show she's been abducted. All of her items are in your inventory, and you can converse with her and have her join your party again. When you load the "Before Nalia Gets Arrested" save, you have to rest and then the sequence will start. Nalia, Isaea, and everyone else will walk away. You can even follow them to see that they walk away and then disappear like they are supposed to. Then you save the game and when you reload, she's there.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @deathmonkey2k5‌
    I could only reproduce this by saving as soon as possible (i.e. tapping the quicksave key repeatedly once dialogue ends and only stopping when a save is produced). Raised on that basis, is that consistent with your experience.
    Thanks
    @Gate70‌
    I don't think so. At least...I don't save it right away. I've walked a few steps to follow them until they disappear, and then I save it. So what is that...a few seconds after dialog ends that I save it?