Civilization IV

supposedlysupposedly Member Posts: 206
Favorite strats

Go

Comments

• supposedlysupposedly Member Posts: 206
    Quecha Zerg!
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I love settler spam with Creative and the settler boosting traits (Catherine of Russia IIRC, or maybe Khmer).

We should make a Forgotten Realms Civ4 mod.
  • NaturalBornKielerNaturalBornKieler Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 407
    Found as many religions as possible, starting with hinduism (buddhism mostly gets snatched by one of the rival civs).
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I played it a lot, but it's a long time since I don't, so I don't remember anything besides having built the Manhattan Project (and I was playing with Gengis Khan, lol) and blasted away an entire enemy city (which actually was the last standing one in the map...) with an Atomic Bomb.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, steal their technology when making "peace", rinse and repeat.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

I love settler spam with Creative and the settler boosting traits (Catherine of Russia IIRC, or maybe Khmer).

there is a Civ5 FR mod.
    deltago said:

there is a Civ5 FR mod.
    The quality of mods vary. Hope this ones good , I'll look for it.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Miloch said:

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, steal their technology when making "peace", rinse and repeat.

You almost make that sound like a bad thing.

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    The only CIV I haven't really played (tried a bit once, but didn't really get into it for some reason). Maybe I should change that since I was a little disappointed in CIV5 after playing for 100+ hours. CIV3 is still my favorite.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    Yeah I'm a big Civ3 fan. I've tried Four, but it just never clicked with me.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I am stuck on Civ5. Can't bring myself back to 4 for some reason even though I enjoyed it in the day.
    Can't remember much about it excecpt spamming religion and making a border or culture to push other civs away and steal their land.
    I have sunk so many hours of my life into Civ 4. I tried to play 5 several times and never could get into it.

My top civs:
    1. Inca
    2. Egyptians - both leaders
    3. England - Elizabeth

Lately I've been going for a space race. Spamming corporations and hording resources for massive 33+ pop cities. Washington is fun for that stuff.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Paradox Development Studios ruined Civ for me, but I loved the first four games.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    jackjack said:

Paradox Development Studios ruined Civ for me, but I loved the first four games.

What does Paradox have to do with Civ? Firaxis is the company that makes that franchise. Paradox makes the Europa Universalis games, which have absolutely nothing to do with the Civilization series.

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited December 2014
    Belanos said:

jackjack said:

What does Paradox have to do with Civ? Firaxis is the company that makes that franchise. Paradox makes the Europa Universalis games, which have absolutely nothing to do with the Civilization series.

Yeah, except trying to go back to Civ after their games was an eye-opener.
    I still own and love Civ 4, but every time I fire it up, I get bored :/
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    Miloch said:

And hear the lamentations of their women?