Skip to content

Saving Clara from her Fate

VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
I know she is pointless to save to some... but i like to try and save everone i encounter when it comes to party members.

I forget where curse scrolls of petrification are located in Baldurs Gate 2 SoA or ToB, so this was a test game to test out a theory. So i played a new game in Multiplayer and added my BG1 Hero who had both curse scroll of petrification and stone to flesh scroll.

From my knowledge Hexxat "Clara" has to be near the tomb to trigger Hexxat "Real" to appear. So i gave her the curse scroll and had her stand near the coffin. While i prepared the stone to flesh in Abdel's quickslot.

With that done... i had Hexxat "Clara" use the scroll on herself

The rest of the explaination is type in the chat box

So i ditch my PC character and had Abdel use flesh to stone on Hexxat "Clara" She went on about needing to find Dragmirs Tomb again. So we lied to her to get her back into the party.

Then of course Hexxat "Real" can't leave without the cloak

So i decided to give her back her cloak. Now i have both Hexxat's i mean Clara and Hexxat. But i haven't did any testing yet to see what would have if i killed Hexxat "Real" Or to see if Clara glitches when going to the Copper Coronet.
NOTE: When entering the Copper Coronet with both Clara and Hexxat. A glitch kicks in that make Clara disappear for good even though she is still in your group. Another glitch is that i tried to remove her from the group and it didn't work.

So basicly you have to ditch Clara inside a house in order to visit Copper Coronet... when i do the real play through i'll update this as much as possible.

If Clara doesn't workout in the long run as a NPC. I plan on using EE Keeper to export Clara as a PC and re-adding her.
Post edited by Vasculio on

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Though I fear this will cause no end of bugs for you, I love your determination! As one who also would have liked to save Clara, I’m rooting for you! :)
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    Thats ingenious! Will definitely try it the next time I do a playthrough of the game(playing skyrim at the moment so it may take some time).
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    So i did further testing... She won't go to ToB without disappearing...

This should have been my screenshot for when Hexxat first appeared... lol

To be continued...
  • Seth_Phoenix2000Seth_Phoenix2000 Member Posts: 5
    I always thought it seemed railroad-y that there was no proper way to save Clara written into the game, as if the developers believed not enough people would care or be insanely persistent enough to try saving her
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I always thought it seemed railroad-y that there was no proper way to save Clara written into the game, as if the developers believed not enough people would care or be insanely persistent enough to try saving her

Bioware tried to do this to Imoen and failed. I guess she had better PR than Clara.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited July 2020
    Fore those who really want to save Clara, the "All Things Mazzy" mod does indeed have that option. It lets you stake Hexxat as well! Also gives Clara some special interaction with Anomen if he's chaotic neutral.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited February 2023
    Was playing around with the EEKeeper and was trying to see if there was a way to re-name Clara from Hexxat to Clara. No luck, so i looked up nicknames for Clara and i manage to find the name Claire and give it to her.

noo4ksditd00.png

Post edited by Vasculio on