Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Updating Weidu TP2 files to accept old kit mods?

Hello all:

I've been trying to figure out for awhile how to install an older kit mod (Megamodkits) on BG EE 1 and 2 for my Mac. I am able to install the mod, but when I go to select a kit it is greyed-out. Now, I've been told by Erg that I need to run a function in Weidu to get the old kits to work. Here is what he said:

"The latest edition of WeiDU comes with a folder called "lib". Inside there is a subfolder called "fl#add_kit_ee" containing a function that should be run after ADD_KIT on the EE.

The folder "fl#add_kit_ee" contains also a ReadMe and an example (i.e. a fully functional minimod adding a kit in BGEE) for this new function."

The problem is that I can't figure out how to do what Erg said. Therefore, would someone be so kind as to give me a newbie step-by-step on how to run this fl#add_kit_ee command? Like, a list of what I need to type into Weidu to get this thing to work? Pretend you are explaining it to a five year old :-)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MrNerodia

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,058
    edited December 2014
    Adding a block like this for each ADD_KIT ~whatever~ should be enough.
    LAF fl#add_kit_ee
    STR_VAR
    kit_name = ~whatever from the ADD_KIT~
    END
    If you want to check out other features read this (it's a bit messy, i'll clear it up when i have the time).

• MrNerodiaMrNerodia Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the info. So...first I type in ADD_KIT ~kit name~, hit enter, and then add your block of text?

• MrNerodiaMrNerodia Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2014
    So I went into Weidu and typed in ADD_KIT ~sellsword~ and nothing happened--all it said was "no such file or directory". I did the same thing with the Terminal and nothing happened. I am supposed to click on the Weidu launcher or just the Mac terminal? LOL sorry I am programming illiterate.

Actually if someone could just tell me exactly what to type and where to get this sellsword kit added, I would be so grateful. I have been searching and typing all kinds of stuff into Weidu and nothing is happening. I am copying and pasting what other people are posting and nothing is working. I have tried reading all these tutorials and how-to's and they may as well be written in a different language.

Help please! I have been trying for weeks to get this kit added and I am lost.

Post edited by MrNerodia on
  • ioannismanioannisman Member Posts: 43
    MrNerodia I was searching myself for a solution to the same questions since I want to bring my Morituri kit in the EE era!

The answer is the following:
    1. add to your kit the directory lib included in the zip file below
    2. a line higher than your ADD_KIT ~sellsword~ add this line:
    INCLUDE ~sellsword/lib/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa~
    3. after the say commands at the end of your kit add this line and you are ready to go:
    LAF fl#add_kit_ee STR_VAR kit_name = sellsword END

That's all really, I wish you all the best and a happy new year to us all!