Skip to content

Updating Weidu TP2 files to accept old kit mods?

Hello all:

I've been trying to figure out for awhile how to install an older kit mod (Megamodkits) on BG EE 1 and 2 for my Mac. I am able to install the mod, but when I go to select a kit it is greyed-out. Now, I've been told by Erg that I need to run a function in Weidu to get the old kits to work. Here is what he said:

"The latest edition of WeiDU comes with a folder called "lib". Inside there is a subfolder called "fl#add_kit_ee" containing a function that should be run after ADD_KIT on the EE.

The folder "fl#add_kit_ee" contains also a ReadMe and an example (i.e. a fully functional minimod adding a kit in BGEE) for this new function."

The problem is that I can't figure out how to do what Erg said. Therefore, would someone be so kind as to give me a newbie step-by-step on how to run this fl#add_kit_ee command? Like, a list of what I need to type into Weidu to get this thing to work? Pretend you are explaining it to a five year old :-)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MrNerodia

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2014
    Adding a block like this for each ADD_KIT ~whatever~ should be enough.
    LAF fl#add_kit_ee
    STR_VAR
    kit_name = ~whatever from the ADD_KIT~
    END
    If you want to check out other features read this (it's a bit messy, i'll clear it up when i have the time).
  • MrNerodiaMrNerodia Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the info. So...first I type in ADD_KIT ~kit name~, hit enter, and then add your block of text?

• MrNerodiaMrNerodia Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2014
    So I went into Weidu and typed in ADD_KIT ~sellsword~ and nothing happened--all it said was "no such file or directory". I did the same thing with the Terminal and nothing happened. I am supposed to click on the Weidu launcher or just the Mac terminal? LOL sorry I am programming illiterate.

Actually if someone could just tell me exactly what to type and where to get this sellsword kit added, I would be so grateful. I have been searching and typing all kinds of stuff into Weidu and nothing is happening. I am copying and pasting what other people are posting and nothing is working. I have tried reading all these tutorials and how-to's and they may as well be written in a different language.

Help please! I have been trying for weeks to get this kit added and I am lost.
    Post edited by MrNerodia on
  • ioannismanioannisman Member Posts: 43
    MrNerodia I was searching myself for a solution to the same questions since I want to bring my Morituri kit in the EE era!

The answer is the following:
    1. add to your kit the directory lib included in the zip file below
    2. a line higher than your ADD_KIT ~sellsword~ add this line:
    INCLUDE ~sellsword/lib/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa~
    3. after the say commands at the end of your kit add this line and you are ready to go:
    LAF fl#add_kit_ee STR_VAR kit_name = sellsword END

That's all really, I wish you all the best and a happy new year to us all!