Skip to content

[Mod] Progression - Party not spawning after Ch3 intro cutscene (Win)

hastypuddinghastypudding Member Posts: 3
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Whether I pay off the Shadow Thieves or Bodhi, my characters don't spawn in properly after the intro-to-chapter-3 cutscene.

This is with the Tweak Pack installed (latest version as of 12/24/2014). No other mods. Steam version of BG2EE.

Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BynJWJZjwcRoSldhRmV2LVFvck0/view?usp=sharing

I find myself currently bummed even though the EE is in general excellent.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @hastypudding‌
    Your save appears to work fine on the unmodded game (attached save afterwards), so you probably need to raise it on with whoever supports the mod.
    Thanks
  • hastypuddinghastypudding Member Posts: 3
    Yep, I just did a hard vanilla reinstall and it worked. Must be the mod. Thanks for checking!
  • hastypuddinghastypudding Member Posts: 3
    I feel like I should point out that I believe the maintainer of the mod is at Beamdog, though ;)

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/
  • nesknesk Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2015
    @hastypudding‌ After a lot of poking I found a workaround - select 1 char, order him/her to go somewhere in the room, then Ctrl-R - the avatar becomes visible!
    Off I go to Chapter 3.
    Post edited by nesk on
  • AskinwhobeAskinwhobe Member Posts: 16
    Another workaround that may work... I haven't tested this though, is the avatar morphing script (which I'm pretty sure is part of the tweaks pack). If you installed it, select it under scripts and select a character and press S. Morph the avatar into something else and back again might work. Just a suggestion.
    Was able to duplicate bug. The solution posted by Nesk doesn't seem to work. Neither did my idea.
    I was forced to remove the shortened cut scene feature to get the avatars to return... Hopefully Nesk can clarify his method in case of other people having this bug.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    The missing character animations are caused by a certain spell which is used in a cutscene sequence since game patch v1.3.2064. As you've mentioned, uninstalling the "Shorter cutscenes" subcomponent of the BG2 Tweak Packs solves the problem. You can find a more detailed description in this topic.