Skip to content

#11133 [Android] Demogorgon should not cause the game to crash

GrombagGrombag Member Posts: 16
edited January 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
1. Load the attached save.
2. Enter Demogorgon's room.
3. Tell Demogorgon to show himself, so that you can defeat him (eg Dialog options 3, 1, 4, 1).

Observed
The dialog finishes normally, but after selecting the "End Dialog" button the game crashes (with an option to report it to Google).

Expected
Demogorgon shows himself so that I can smite his unholy face. :)

Notes
The game crashes also if I return to the knights (which will try to slay Demogorgon themselves) and then try to save them.
I wasn't able to find if a dump file was created.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,872
    I checked with a clean save and same results (same save worked on PC and iPad), so will tag for Android.
    Thanks
    Tagged
    Thanks
  • LidlessLidless Member Posts: 3
    Bummer im at this point too and it crashes for me. Andriod S3
  • anidnameanidname Member Posts: 1
    Same issue here. Droid Turbo
  • cfunkycfunky Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    same here! PLEASE FIX THISSS i went to atchers keep right before the last chapter in shadow of amn, i wonna kill him so i can continue my journey and kill irenicus!

android 4.4.4 coloros 2.0.5i oppo find 7a, thats a beast of a phone with snapdragon 801, so i doubt its a hardware difficient
  • SwiftBladeSwiftBlade Member Posts: 4
    First of all, this game is awesome. Thanks Wizards, Beamdog, etc!
    I have the same problem. Has there been and progress on a solution?

Also, I believe this was an issue in the NON-EE version. http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/bg2trouble.php Mentions turning down the graphics/resolution/bit settings to minimal, and then turning them back up to preference once the battle starts. I tried turning down the graphics on my iRulu tablet (very minimal options), but it still crashes. I have also reinstalled the game multiple times. Thank for any help!
  • cuivienorcuivienor Member Posts: 1
    Same thing, Nexus 5. Crashes immediately.
    edited February 2015
    @Grombag @Lidless @anidname @cfunky @SwiftBlade @cuivienor
    If you can bear to fight demogorgon in disguise, and can unzip this attachment into your Android portrait folder (android > data > com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition > files > portraits) it may be possible for you to continue.

note, I changed his animation to an adjacent one.
    edited February 2015
    @Gate70 Thanks! Umm, excuse my nubeness but how do I download it? I keep clicking the file but nothing happens.

EDIT: Nevermind... not sure what this issue was but it downloaded when I closed Crome and tried again.
    Gate70's trick above worked for me
    edited February 2015
    @Grombag If you want extremely good experience then
    1) read the scroll, then have (disquised) Demogorgon get you out,
    2) trick the knights into investigating thus getting the better scroll via dialog,
    3) entering and killing Demogorgon, and
    4) (and you need to do this the INSTANT you exit) read the improved scroll before it disappears.
    Everyone individually gets something like 30k+20k+80k+100k experience as well as splitting 23k+23k+20k. My numbers might be off, but it's a LOT :)
  • magicianhisokamagicianhisoka Member Posts: 1
    Mucho thanks Gate70 :)
  • NapoleomatikNapoleomatik Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    Had the same issue with Asus Transformer T300. No way to really adjust graphics, tried turning all adjustable settings off and killing background processes to no avail.

Thank you so much Gate70, your fix worked perfectly.

If anyone else is wondering why they can't download the file, you need to be logged in. Took an embarassingly long time for me to figure that out.

Also, thanks to Swiftblade. The experience boost trick was pretty awesome.
  • NorannanNorannan Member Posts: 2
    How do I download the zip file Gate70?
    So long as you are signed into the forums you should be able to click/tap on the file so it downloads @Norannan
  • NorannanNorannan Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2015
    Yeah Gate70 I'm clicking on it and the most its doing is magnifying with the words DEMOGOR2.zip
    636B ....
    is there any alternative as to how I can aquire the file? Please advise,
    thanks.

Just fixed the issue...turns out that I was signed in to the extent that the forum allowed me to post but I did not do a confirm my email with this site yet...I did so then checked back and the file name lit up red...then it gave me the go ahead to download...thank you Gate70
  • GrombagGrombag Member Posts: 16
    Gate70 said:

@Grombag @Lidless @anidname @cfunky @SwiftBlade @cuivienor
    If you can bear to fight demogorgon in disguise, and can unzip this attachment into your Android portrait folder (android > data > com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition > files > portraits) it may be possible for you to continue.

note, I changed his animation to an adjacent one.

Just came around to test this (finally). This fixes the issue for me. Is there any chance that there will be an official solution for this problem in a patch, or should I stop asking strange questions? :smile:
  • adndfanadndfan Member Posts: 1
    Hi I'm using a cheapo tablet made by muz and the patch doesn't work for me. But I have tried using gate70s patch but it doesn't work for me. Is there a patch avail? Thank you very much
    Hi @adndfan can you confirm what folder you extracted the file too (unzipped) and whether your save was before or after entering his area.
    Thanks
  • JaskoJasko Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2015
    Same here when I try to fight him. Added save file. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy
    Tab 3 Lite
    Hi @Jasko are you able to unzip and copy the file on my 21 Feb post to your portrait folder? If so, you should be able to continue without needing an edited save.
    (an app such as ES File Explorer should allow you to do so)
    Thanks
  • JaskoJasko Member Posts: 31
    Thanks i'll definitely try that. Cheers