Skip to content

Best Bard Weapon(s) - asking for advice

Sooooo, here's the deal: In my current Heart of Fury party I have my bard on singing duty (Warchant of Sith) almost at all times. (I use a Dwarven Defender with the great Shield, Brons Cloak Clasp and a ring of missiIe Deflection as Tank, so an extra 10% damage resistances from the bard come in really handy; 95%-100% resistances on slashing, piercing, blunt and missile in defensive stance at level 20).

I was looking for some ideas as to which weapon has the strongest passive/deffensive abilities not for the dwarf, who is pretty much coverd, but for the singer. Since they are for a bard, anything, one or two-handed, is a valid option to me. I'm even open for dual-wielding builds, though at the moment I currently use the Lyre of progression, just for the taste.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the matter. Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Personally I just don't bother. Stick her somewhere in the back, never get hit. Even if some straggler happens to take a liking, it's not hard to kite them around.
  • You probably want a weapon that buff's your Bard's defenses some just in case the worst should happen. Extra AC, resistances, that kind of thing.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I guess the various Mage daggers are Mage only?
  • Kero_samaKero_sama Member Posts: 3
    Dragon's Eye Second Level
    Corpse - Battle Axe +2: Defender (+2 AC, 10% missile)
    The best item IMHO.
  • AndrewKellyAndrewKelly Member Posts: 16
    I've been using the bow with 3 APR you get in Dragon's Eye on my bard. He's also got a halberd with +1 AC.
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    I have NEVER put my bard into battle. He could be equipped with the pea-shooter of peewocky and he'll never use it. With the incredible musical devices the game has to offer, the guy is just too busy.
    Your call of course and if your bard is last man standing he needs something, maybe a sharp stick +3?
    I dunno, never been there.
  • Yann1989Yann1989 Member Posts: 92
    edited January 2015
    I believe the best weapon for a bard is a weapon that can be used with only one hand. Because the Lyre of Progression will keep your second hand busy.

Second, it would be cool for this weapon to be a ranged weapon.

As a conclusion, since your bard can wield a wide range of weapons, I would consider throwing axes (surely there is one that goes back to your hand?) or darts if you have a decent strength, or the sling.

Edit : Let's face it : a bard using an axe is badass :D
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    If noone else in your party use darts or throwing daggers, you could give'em to the bard to chuck away with at times.
  • JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    And this is why 3E bards could sing and swing swords at the same time.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Mirror image, blur, a weapon with 'defender', and a front line fighter in front of him. He should be heroically singing even while an axe comes whirling towards him.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Grum said:

Mirror image, blur, a weapon with 'defender', and a front line fighter in front of him. He should be heroically singing even while an axe comes whirling towards him.

Singing doesn't prelude running away.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Fardragon said:

Grum said:

Singing doesn't prelude running away.
    Did you see our back catalogue?