Skip to content

"Killing" Elminster in BG II: SoA

Hi everyone, this is my first topic and I wanted to share with you a gameplay I had where I try to kill Elminster in BG II: SoA

This is a gameplay I had from around 2001 where I could trick Elminster into a fight and "kill" him.

Unfortunately, when he is "Near Death" he will teleport away with his spell Elminster's Evasion instead of dying and leaving behind a nice loot :P.

During the fight we can see him using some items such as Elminster's Eversmoking Pipe which is triggered right in the beginning. Also it is interesting to note that he has an infinite cast of Prismatic Spray that he will keep casting until he is near death and teleport away.

Also, I'm sorry for all the pauses during the gameplay but it has been a long time since I played BG.

Hope you enjoy and let me known if anyone ever succeeded on this

dockaboomskidib

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    From my experience, you'd be better off using a Monk and save scumming with Quivering Palm until you get lucky. That worked well enough when I imported a TOB character into Baldur's Gate, not sure if it would work as well in SOA.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Or you could always try Finger Of Death'ing him. It's a save or die spell so it might work. Unless he has death immunity. IDK.
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    It's so weird watching someone else play BG. It feels like someone else is controlling my actions, my hands go to press space or click on a spell, but it's already done.
    jackjackjscohenDJKajuru
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I can't think of a more dangerous thing to do with your life than trying to kill Elminster and failing... Trying to kill Elminster is a close second place in the list, though
    elminsterjackjackJuliusBorisov
  • squirossquiros Member Posts: 32
    i think he's immune to auto-death spells, disintegrate, flesh to stone, etc. you can use the fake talk trick and use mindflayer attacks to kill him. his equipment is really terrible, it's a +1 ring and a standard wizard robe or some such.
    jackjack
  • TurinTurambarTurinTurambar Member Posts: 17
    So what's the point in killing him? Do he give a lot of xp?
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

For the lulz?
    wubbleTurinTurambarSpjuv3rn
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595

Because why not? If it can be done, it should be done. :smiley:
    Wilbur
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Yannir said:

Because why not? If it can be done, it should be done. :smiley:
    Definitely. You also gain Eternal Burden of Guilt for attacking one of the good guys who has done nothing but helped you. It's really worth it.
    jackjack
    The Lord British Postulate must be respected. The harder it is to kill an important NPC, the more creativity and effort the player must put into it, just to spite the design team.
    wubblejackjack
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

The Lord British Postulate must be respected. The harder it is to kill an important NPC, the more creativity and effort the player must put into it, just to spite the design team.

Double points for doing it in Ultima Online while Richard Garriot is playing Lord British while thousands of people watch on with laughter.
    I'll never forget that day XD
  • ScourgeScourge Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2015
    Please explain @jackjack
    jackjack said:

Double points for doing it in Ultima Online while Richard Garriot is playing Lord British while thousands of people watch on with laughter.
    I'll never forget that day XD
    You actually saw it happen? I envy you, man.
    jackjack
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Scourge said:

Please explain @jackjack

http://lorehound.com/news/top-5-most-memorable-events-in-mmorpg-history/
    Deservedly #1 on the list of most memorable MMORPG moments.
    ScourgewubbleJuliusBorisovAbi_Dalzim