Skip to content

[Android] Game gets stuck on portrait orientation on app reload

Observed on OnePlus One (A0001), OS: CynaogenMod version 11.0, Android 4.4.4

Steps to replicate:
1. Start game on phone.
2. Exit game via back key or home key
3. Re-enter game by selecting "Icewind Dale" app.

On initial load, game plays fine, if a little small. But that's my own fault for running it on a 5 inch screen. Screen correctly forces landscape orientation.

However, when I interrupt gameplay to switch to another app, on reload, the game loads with imagery in portrait mode. Commands can be issued to pause the game and quicksave or select options as if it were in landscape mode (believe you me, it takes a little thinking to remember where commands are in the game).

Also, all the portrait images are shifted to be 1/2 screen. I've attached a screenshot.

I have to kill the process and reload in order to get content to show up correctly.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Since the phone is exclusive to invitation-only, and it's not running standard Android, I'm not sure it classifies as being officially supported. Your best bet is probably going to be to wait for the operating system developers to update CyanogenMod.
  • ZalsonZalson Member Posts: 103
    Has this error been reported at all on any other platforms/hardware? Or am I sadly the only voice in the wilderness?
    Also, it's not invitation-only anymore! You can get one every Tuesday!
    Good news! Just upgraded to Android 5.0 and I can switch to iwd without error