Skip to content

Save Games and Dropbox

moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
As we are now entering the age of cloud based saves, will there be an option to define where we will want our save game path to be in BGEE?

I use Dropbox at the moment to play single player games across multiple computers - however this requires me to manually copy the saved game across into my dropbox folder after the end of each session. Will we be able to take this manual element away in future? If not is there any automated way to work around this?

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited August 2012
    I think you can guess it will save to the default location. Whether it can be changed I don't know, the game has to find the save game folder and so that means linking it to a folder not in it's own directory.

Well, not sure if they've announced anything, but you can still try check around the forums. I would use a USB myself, but dropbox works too.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    That's one of the reasons I prefer Sugarsync over Dropbox. I just tell the client which directories I want to sync and it does so automatically in the background.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @mlnevese
    Never heard of Sugersync - just went to their website and the page is unavailable :/

One strike against them...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2012
    https://www.sugarsync.com/

Never had this problem with them.
    Post edited by mlnevese on