Skip to content

vhailor's helm and blackguard / undead hunter

Just a question about the 2 paladin kits and vhailor's helm:

The simulacrum from the helmet normally puts level drain on the clone; Does the level drain immunity from these 2 kits make a full level clone?

Presumably if it's a full level clone then the paladin can summon 5+ devas? (Paladin HLA & Simulacrum ignore summon limit)

I am planning a build where I will use quarter starves (staff of striking, staff of the ram later) since limited charges won't matter on the clone, as well as other items in the quick slot (Protection from Magic scroll, wand of resurrection etc)

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    That's an interesting question, make a paladin and try it out!
  • XiaolinXiaolin Member Posts: 18
    edited January 2015
    Nope the the simulacra is still level drained, it is even immune to restoration as of patch 1.3

I am trying the next thoerycraft question now: It seems blind + glitter dust might stack for -8 attack roll penalty, I am going to see if

Blind
    Glitterdust
    Slow
    Aura of Despair
    Doom

Stacks for a total of -18 attack roll penalty
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    edited January 2015
    Keep in mind, if your Cleric casts Restoration on your Simulacra, it "restores" them to your mage's full level. Did so in vanilla ay least.
    oops, re-read your post, seems they nerfed that, you tried it.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Xiaolin said:

I am trying the next thoerycraft question now: It seems blind + glitter dust might stack for -8 attack roll penalty, I am going to see if

Just tried it out, doesn't look like they stack. This is as expected, because both spells inflict the same status (blindness), so it makes sense they wouldn't stack.
  • XiaolinXiaolin Member Posts: 18
    Yea just tried it, it seems everything else does stack however (Slow -4 Aura -2 Doom -2 Blind -4) for -12 to attack rolls
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    Throw a "Holy Word" in there for good measure as well.
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    Sharguild said:

Did just read that in Minsc's voice
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

Sharguild said:

Did just read that in Minsc's voice
    Holy Sword not Holy Word!