Skip to content

Can I create the whole party?

It has been a loooong time since I played BG on the PC, but I seem to remember that you only create the main character and recruit the rest. Is that correct, or can I create the whole party from scratch? Thanks!

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    You can by beginning the game in multiplayer mode. Then move your saved game to single player folder.
  • SaintFuSaintFu Member Posts: 7
    ah thanks. Is BG2 the same way?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Yup.
    awesome sauce, thanks
    sorry to keep bugging you, but how do I go about doing this? I created a party in multi player, but when I try to load a single player game all it shows is the tutorial i started. I don't see the multi player game to load. thanks
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Also, you can play multiplayer by yourself. You don't need to move it to single player. Just create a party and start the game.
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    You have to do the following;
    Step One
    - Create a Muli-player game
    - create party
    - once game starts, save game
    Step Two
    - create a single player game
    - any junk character will do
    - once game starts, save game

You will now see in your game folders (in computer files, outside game) you have a MPsave file and a Save file.
    - Copy paste from MPsave file the game you saved
    - paste it into your Save folder ( which is the single player file).
    - restart single player and open that game.

You can also just continue playing your game in the Multi-player window, no difference, just an additional load screen.
    I probably should have mentioned that I am playing on an android tablet . Im not sure I can see and move the game files
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    Then as mentioned, just play the game in the Multiplayer mode, it changes nothing in-game.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    The only problem with playing multiplayer by yourself is that whenever you pause the game you have to wait like 2 seconds before you can unpause. This serves a purpose when you are actually playing with other people but when you're playing by yourself it's just annoying.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    You also can't use quick load, and have to confirm party control every time you load.