Skip to content

#11229 Party members should not get stuck when moving around objects

Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
edited January 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
This discussion was created from comments split from: #11227 Party members should not cancel movement if they are baulked by other party members.

Argent77;
The following issues are also somehow related to the new pathfinding routine.
1. Characters are sometimes stuck for a moment on doorframes or sharp corners before moving on. Happens only randomly and less often than the above-mentioned issue.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I'm not sure, might be best to keep them together for the time being.

Would something like the below be a reasonable case for doorframes and corners. Jaheira gets stuck within sight of her destination. Starting on the left screenshot and stuck / jittering on the right screenshot.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    Yes, this example covers the issue perfectly.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    OK, could do with confirmation it doesn't just happen on my computer if you don't mind. I've added ground items in the hope it gives consistent results.

1. Load the attached save.
    2. Send Jaheira to the potions on the ground (2 > click on potion).

*Observed*
    Jaheira gets stuck part-way to the potions.

*Expected*
    Jaheira should walk to the potions so they can be picked up.

*Note*
    Selecting either of the other party members works fine, can be tested by reloading the save.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    Gate70 said:

OK, so I just need a confirmation from the save above and I'll ticket that too.

Using the save from above, Jaheira is blocked indefinitely at the same position as shown in the screenshots. I had to resolve the situation manually after waiting for about 20 seconds.