Skip to content

UI issue

TaffyTaffy Member Posts: 3
Hey, probably not the most appropriate place to put this but I'm nearly tearing my hair out. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue in the past or knows how I may go about fixing it.

This applies to the standard BGII, unmodded (although no mods fix it). When I click on the "special abilities" or the spells slot, it will usually show the special ability before switching back to the ordinary view, I am then unable to click any quick slots and soon after the quickslot bar will flash violently back and fourth between different click slot views, only stopping when I go into the character inventory screen and exit back to the game, seemingly resetting it.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game about three times now, but the issue persists. I've never had the issue in the past 2 years since I've owned the game, it has started now and was working fine last month, no hardware changes or major OS changes or anti-virus changes at all to the PC. (GTX770, i7-4770k)

Feel free to delete this if it is too irrelevant, thank you for your time.

Comments

• TaffyTaffy Member Posts: 3
    Okay, I managed to fix the issue I think. So in case anyone else runs into this bug in the future (I have not found anything whatsoever about this on any other forums or bug reports etc), and for archiving purposes, you need to go into the game config file, and under the miscellaneous option, go ahead and raise the cache size to 900 (I've only tried 900, I don't know about anything higher or lower).
    Bit strange as I've played the game numerous times with the default cache size, but there we go.
    Hopefully this will help some guys out in the future.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I had a similar problem, not being able to select an action, having the action bar flicker, and only being able to turn it off by entering the inventory screen. But I solved it by never using the function keys (F1, F2, F3, etc.), so now I just click on the action bar directly. Otherwise my problem sounds exactly like yours.

It might be a Windows 8 thing in my case. If anybody gets the same problem and changing the cache size doesn't work, the function keys might be the culprit.