Skip to content

Solo Priest of Lathander/Mage level?

So I was a bit bored so went through BG1 with a PoL solo intending to dual class to Mage in BG2.

Solo xp and the fact that it's dualing to Mage means it's not a big deal how long to wait in just trying to decide what will be more fun/powerful when all said and done.

The main two options I can see are:
Priest of Lathander 15/Mage 27
Priest of Lathander 20/Mage 24

The primary differences are a level 9 slot vs an extra use of Boon and a bunch of level 6 and 7 slots, not to mention caster level on the buffs.

Thoughts?

... Or should I quit pussyfooting around and figure out how to get SCSII working on my ipad (multiple attempts to date ended in frustration and endless tedium).
JuliusBorisovBlackraven

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Oh, and 3 HLAs, not sure what the picks are after the first 6 though.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I vote for mixing it: a Priest of Lathander/Mage (I think the 15th level will be allright) and the SCS! Sounds interesting.

As for installing this mod on your IPad, I summon @Pibaro‌ and @lunar‌ : ) They'll help!
    PibaroBlackraven
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited January 2015
    @bengoshi There's already a priest of Lathander dual class (level 11) SCS game going on in here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38312/the-party-of-spiders-no-reload-scs2-run/p1
    Though not solo. It seems like a very nice build.
    JuliusBorisovBlackraven
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @Wowo‌
    Which is your problem with scs?
    Pibaro said:

@Wowo‌
    Which is your problem with scs?

Everytime I've tried it hasn't worked. I've got the dialogue working okay but the override folder just didn't work (on my ipad).
    edited January 2015
    In the meantime I found a step by step guide (in italian) I made the first time I installed SCSII.

Here it is the English version:

A tip. The latest scs is v30, created after the BGIIEE 1.3, so I think you should wait for the 1.3 iOs update before installing it.

Edit:
    I moved the guide to a more convenient location:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38883/how-to-install-scsii-on-your-ipad

re-edit:
    Ok, in another meantime I came across to a post you made some time ago saying which are your problems with SCSII.
    It looks like you're doing everything right, but mages aren't prebuffing (or something like that).
    If you want we could try in this way:
    I can zip my folder and put it somewhere, and you can try to use my SCSII and see if it works properly (but it should).
    JuliusBorisovlunar
    Pibaro said:

In the meantime I found a step by step guide (in italian) I made the first time I installed SCSII.

Here it is the English version:

A tip. The latest scs is v30, created after the BGIIEE 1.3, so I think you should wait for the 1.3 iOs update before installing it.

Edit:
    I moved the guide to a more convenient location:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38883/how-to-install-scsii-on-your-ipad

re-edit:
    Ok, in another meantime I came across to a post you made some time ago saying which are your problems with SCSII.
    It looks like you're doing everything right, but mages aren't prebuffing (or something like that).
    If you want we could try in this way:
    I can zip my folder and put it somewhere, and you can try to use my SCSII and see if it works properly (but it should).

I'd be up for trying that once 1.3 comes out for ipad. If you want to prep the folder somewhere and leave me a link it would be much appreciated.
    jackjack
    Ok, but let's do it this way:
    once 1.3 is out, I'll install on it (maybe something can be different) SCS v30 and I'll zip it for you.
    If you want, you can tell me which option you would like.
    i.e. How do you like spellcasters? Almost impossible (where you need to cheese all you can cheese) or less tough?
    JuliusBorisov
    @Pibaro I tend to go for basically full difficulty options. Tweaks I can think of include 1.5x dispel for Inquisitors and ... Well, that's all I can think of, been a while since I've tried an install.

End of the day, I'm not fussy, if it works I'll be over the moon but more challenge = better. I like everything from Parmesan to Gorgonzola.
    JuliusBorisov
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Late for the party, but @Pibaro has everything in control. There is not much I can add. I am glad that more people are discovering the joy of modding their game on Ipad.
    JuliusBorisovBlackravenjackjack
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited January 2015
    You are very kind @Pibaro , I did not expect this, thank you! I am happy that I have contributed to modding of the game we love on Ipad.
    PibarojackjackJuliusBorisov
    @Pibaro so finally bg2ee 1.3 is out and updated on my ipad. Would you be up for doing the upload?

In regards to difficulty you could look to the runs of @Semiticgod for guidance on my style of play. The only issue would be the very intensive scripts that might slow the game down too much.
    JuliusBorisov