Skip to content

[Not an Issue #11614] Fighter/Druids should not be able to allocate a third 2 weapon style prof

MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
edited February 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Fighter/Druids can put two proficiency points in Two-handed and Two-weapon styles.(official TOB patch notes 26498)
in EE Fighter/Druids can put 3 proficiency points Two-weapon style.
Post edited by Gate70 on
BlackravenGate70lolien

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited February 2015
    @Maxximus
    I have looked at a multiclass fighter/druid in both BGII:EE and the original ToB (albeit a BGT install). Both characters can assign 3 proficiencies in 2-weapon style. I'm currently setting up a clean ToB install, if that does the same I would say the ToB patch note (* Fighter/Druids can now put two proficiency points in Two-handed and Two-weapon styles.) is misleading.

Edit
    OK, vanilla install is restricting it to 2 points...tagged.
    Thanks
    lolienhook71JuliusBorisov
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Hurricane said:

@Maxximus @Gate70

Sorry to intervene, but you are drawing the wrong conclusions. The reason why the Enhanced Editions allow 3 points is because the BG2 Fixpack made this change. The Fixpack regarded the limitation to 2 points as an error in patched BG2, for good reason. Vanilla BG2 with patch 26498 is very likely not correct.

Maxxximus said:

Fighter/Druids can put two proficiency points in Two-weapon styles.(official TOB patch notes 26498)

The patch notes say this not because it was 3 points originally and lowered to 2 in the patch. They say it because it was 1 point in unpatched ToB and the patch merely raised it to 2. So the patch notes are not an argument against 3 points, only an argument for not 1 point.

The reason why it should be 3 points rather than 2, and why the Fixpack made this change, is simple: other Fighter-multiclasses, like Fighter/Cleric and Fighter/Mage/Thief, are allowed 3 points in patched ToB. Only Fighter/Druids, Fighter/Mage/Clerics, and Cleric/Rangers were restricted to 2 points, which made no sense at all. The Fixpack changed it to 3 points for these outliers, to bring them in line with the other multiclasses. I don't see why this fix should be reverted now for one particular multiclass.
    :cookie:
    @Jalily @Dee @Avenger_teambg we need help here :mask:
    :cookie:
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The current behavior (3 pips) will not be changed; Fighter multiclasses can put three pips into Two Weapon Style.
    hook71lolienHurricaneJuliusBorisov
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Dee said:

The current behavior (3 pips) will not be changed; Fighter multiclasses can put three pips into Two Weapon Style.

Okay @Gate70 u can delete thread now, @Hurricane thx.
    HurricaneJuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.