Skip to content

A mod to pull IWD spells through to BG2:EE?

Hi all, I have a question pertaining to spell inclusions in BG2 EE. I apologize in advance if there is a smack-in-the-face obvious mod/thread about this particular issue; the amount of user-created content for these games is a tad overwhelming.

Simply, I am looking to include some of my favourite IWD spells in BG2 EE, such as Seven Eyes, Soul Eater, etc. After a quick search, I found a G3 mod titled IWD-ification, but I am unclear as to whether said mod is compatible with BG2 EE. Moreover, it seemed to have last been updated in 2013 and also stated that several spells (including those I mentioned above) simply could not be carried over to BG2 EE at all.

Could anyone give me some insight as to whether IWD spells can be implemented in BG2 EE and if so, what mod I should turn to for that?

Many thanks.

Comments

• ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    edited January 2015
    @Frank the tank I can confirm that IWD-ification is compatible with BGEE and BG2EE In fact I'm using it now.
    Also the maker of the mod CanDawg is also on the team here.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Frank the tankFrank the tank Member Posts: 8
    Hi Ronaldo. Thank you for your response! As I mentioned, I found IWD-ification, but I noticed in the mod description that particular spells (Soul eater, Seven eyes, Suffocate, Shout...) were not transferable to BG2:EE. Is that still the case?

Hmm, perhaps I should just message CanDawg. :)
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I believe it's Camdawg, candawg doesn't exist.
    JuliusBorisov
    Hi Wubble. Yes, I realized that after doing a quick search for the name. I have since messaged him and hope that he can assist.
    wubbleJuliusBorisov
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    edited January 2015
    That's true there are some spells that still aren't available even with this mod. Although I believe suffocate is available. I'm sure there are technical reasons why this is the case but those reasons are beyond my understanding lol

You might try posting in the modding section of the forums and see if any of the modders can help you or answer why these spells can't be moved over to BGEE/BG2EE Maybe @CrevsDaak ?
    Yeah, I checked the readme again and found: "The current list is: Seven Eyes, Soul Eater, (Great) Shout, Mordenkainen's Force Missiles, Spiritual Wrath, Mold Touch, Wall of Moonlight, and Smashing Wave"

As fate would have it, Seven Eyes, Soul Eater, Force Missiles and Smashing Wave are some of my favourite spells of all time. Seven Eyes just oozes power and versatility. Also, how am I meant to roleplay the ultimate necromancer/cleric Bhaalspawn without Soul Eater? Sadness.

I will take your advice and investigate some more though. Thanks!
    JuliusBorisov