Skip to content

BG 2 solo MP problem... Please help!

I just started my first solo MP game and got to the slaver quest in the slums. After clearing out the slavers and freeing Hendak, I tried to rest. But every attempt to rent a room results in "You may not rest at this time", even when I leave the slums and go to another inn. I am playing v 2.0.23035

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Solo MP? Do you mean playing alone with a custom party?
  • HunterHunter Member Posts: 28
    Yes. I have 5 in the party to allow for quest specific NPCs to join.
    Try moving your save over to the SP folder so you can reload it in SP mode.
    I didn't know you could do that, but it certainly helps with another nagging problem with auto pause. (when non enemy chars become enemy after dialogue, no pause on enemy sighted). Unfortunately it doesn't solve the sleep issue. But thanks for the advice. Kinda getting to be a PITA finding a nice sewer to sleep in. :(
    Is the BG2EE or vanilla?
    Old school SoA v 2.0.23035
    Sounds like the infamous bug where your game is stuck in conversation mode, like when a scripted NPC is coming up to talk to you. I don't know if there is a fix. I think it's supposed to be fixed in EE. @Troodon80?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    It's strange that it is occurring even after exiting the Slums. Most such issues (where a character is scripted to walk to the player and initiate dialogue, or where a character is supposed to exit the area, etc.) are resolved upon exiting the current area. Might be something in the global BALDUR script. It is more or less fixed in the Enhanced Editions, though with the way the AI works I don't think it is possible to completely fix it (e.g. walking away from Delon, but keeping him just on the edge of the fog of war).

In this case, it might be one of the slaves in the cages/rooms from the slaver area. I'm not really sure.
    I did find one gladiator who wouldn't leave his cell. Unfortunately killing him didn't help, (though it did make me feel better) :grin:
    I don't have further information either. Maybe @CrevsDaak?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Not sure. I played very little SoA (I installed ToB because I couldn't find the SoA patch). The ideal would be installing ToB *and* it's latest patch, or the latest SoA patch, but I am not sure if that fixes it.

Maybe running a script with a direct RestParty() action would help.
    Did you check the enslaved kids? Also, did Hendrak speak to you after Lethinian was killed? What about Nalia? Maybe it's Brus... Oh god so many stupid conversation-engaging NPCs...
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited January 2015
    Maybe a buggy ongoing effect on one of your characters? Ctrl+r all of them and try again.

Err, did Hendak go and kill Lehtinan? It might be he got lost in one of the backrooms or blocked by a door and still trying to reach the evil wretch.
    Everything played out as it should but for the one gladiator. I double checked everything from the back rooms thru the sewer and slaver ship, even exiting and killing the front door guard. Sadly, the new game now has the same problem, and no way I'm restarting again. (Didn't get out of the Promenade this time) Guess I better find a nice cozy jelly carcass for my pillow :/
    Side question: I was tempted to kill that whiny bi**h Imoen before leaving the dungeon, but now that ire is directed and the winged elf. Can I kill her with no consequences, or will it screw up later quests? (Been a while since I played. The great thing about a bad memory is even old jokes are funny) ;P
    Imoen cannot be killed but Aerie is no problem.
    YAY! "Shut UP!" *THWACK*
    "All hail the Heros of Trademeet! You have saved us from a fate worse than death ... loss of profit! We owe you everything! Wha? Sleep in *MY* inn? Forget it bub!"
    *sigh*
  • CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    Hunter said:

*sigh*

Your avatar seems quite appropriate for this quote
    heh