Skip to content

Serpent's Staff Location

Since the wiki is...weird (the search bar seems to have left), I'm posing this question here: Where is the Serpent's Staff?
Thanks! :)

Comments

• AskinwhobeAskinwhobe Member Posts: 16
    http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/weapons/quarterstaffs.html
    Lists the locations of various items in the game. Link takes you directly to the staff page. It says 5th level of watcher's keep. I've played this game quite a bit though and I cannot think of why you would use that item. It's a touch underpowered. Staff of the Ram or Staff of the Woodlands are much better. Or staff of the magi for a mage (especially mage thief).

Also good: Staff of Power, Staff of Rhynn.
    abazigal5
    There is an AMAZING mod called Item Upgrade Mod... It fixes some of the lesser staff weapons into something more enduring.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262

I've played this game quite a bit though and I cannot think of why you would use that item.

@Askinwhobe Uhh, maybe to make ravager +6?
    TJ_Hookerabazigal5
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Pretty sure it drops on the 2nd level of Watcher's Keep. I want to say from the chromatic demon, but I'm less confident of that. It might be from something in the slime library.
    I honestly thought slime laboratory before I looked it up. In the lab itself on one of the mobiles in there.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Just to be clear, the Serpent Shaft is actually dropped by Azamantes, who is the lich who guards one of the seals on the 5th floor down of Watcher's Keep. The staff is not on the 2nd floor down of the keep.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Aren't the Serpent Shaft and Serpent's Staff two separate items? Just a hunch, no real knowledge here.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited January 2015
    Yannir said:

Aren't the Serpent Shaft and Serpent's Staff two separate items?

Nope. There's just the Serpent Shaft, which can be equipped as a quarterstaff.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Tresset said:

Just to be clear, the Serpent Shaft is actually dropped by Azamantes, who is the lich who guards one of the seals on the 5th floor down of Watcher's Keep. The staff is not on the 2nd floor down of the keep.

Ah, shucks. I never can remember these things properly. :/
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    Tresset said:

I've played this game quite a bit though and I cannot think of why you would use that item.

@Askinwhobe Uhh, maybe to make ravager +6?
    That's what I'm gonna do. ;)