Skip to content

Optimal party for story? Possible Spoilers

Been many moons since playing IWD, but I remember early in the game there are different options regarding a quest if you have a bard in your group.

Are there any other parts that having a certain class can change choices or events?

Comments

• JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    Think you got most of them:

In Easthaven if you are a cleric of Tempus you get extra dialogue options when talking to your fellow priests.

A bard can also figure out the duplicity of the false monks in Dragon's Eye (by noticing a discrepancy in their story)

A druid can give a one-time blessing by talking to a random civilian in Kundahar and teaching him/her to 'feel' the tree (and get XP)

A druid has some special dialogue with the arc-druid in Kundahar

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Also extra dialogue for paladins and druids when combing the boy in Kuldahar pass to leave the closet.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    edited February 2015
    I know you can also persuade the alcoholic fisherman in Easthaven to quit drinking. IIRC that requires you to be a mage/sorcerer and have high INT? Can't remember the details exactly.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

I know you can also persuade the alcoholic fisherman in Easthaven to quit drinking. IIRC that requires you to be a mage/sorcerer and have high INT? Can't remember the details exactly.

From game banshee's guide: "convincing him to quit drinking requires an Intelligence of at least 16 and a Charisma of at least 15". Doesn't say anything about a specific class though.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Quite easy for a hard to have those stats.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Grum said:

Or a mage with the spell friends.
    Grum said:

Freudian slip? ;)
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Grum @Skatan He probably meant bard lol
    Of course, but he was thinking about the bard's "magic wand" while writing ;)
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Skatan said:

From game banshee's guide: "convincing him to quit drinking requires an Intelligence of at least 16 and a Charisma of at least 15". Doesn't say anything about a specific class though.

Ah, good to know! I guess it was always a mage for me because, well, those are the only chars I tend to have high Int on >_> Talk about correlation/causation!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,582
    Grum said:

From what I remember:

In Easthaven, if you have a bard then you can get extra xp from talking to the Siren. You sing to her, and she teaches you her song. Also, one of the villagers gives you a gem for being a bard.

The ogre in the tower outside of Kuldahar. If you have a druid, he can cure the ogre. Without a druid you can ask the archdruid for the recipe needed to help the ogre, so having your own druid just saves travel time.

If you have a paladin, then when you are in dragon's eye you can challenge the necromancer to a duel. This will mean that the paladin and necromancer fight without all of the undead getting involved.

Also in dragon's eye, if you have a paladin then when you meet the monks you automatically call them out on their duplicity. No sneaking around for you!

In dorn's deep, a paladin can ask the frost giant king to release the slaves. This gives you extra xp and makes the giants attack you.

That's all that I can remember as of now.

I should just point out for the TS, that in order for most of these kinds of interactions to trigger, the character in question has to be either in the place of party leader or, at the very least, the one doing the talking.